camera offline

camera offline
camera offline
2023-11-15 10:00:40 - last edited 2023-11-20 08:03:30
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7

L.s.,

I have been very pleased with the Tapo products untill very recently. I have in use: seven C310; sixC200 and five TC70 and numerous smart plugs. I have in the passed experienced that a camera would be offline (when I am unable to do anything about this, hence the use of cameras to depend on) and after a day or two it would suddenly go online....curious but luckily the situation was restored.

This last week I have suddenly four camera's (two Tapo c310 and two C200's) that have gone offline. One of the four is in the Netherlands and the other three in Spain. After (off course) investigating it thouroughly and going through all the steps, here in Spain I must conclude that all the suggested solutions on your threads and help pages have no effect.

Before you ask me (by default off your problemsolving assitance page) to try this or that..... I have done all of that.  I must conclude, that there has been an update in the firmware or something like that. It can't be the case that in two complete different countries with two complete different internet suppliers with two complete different set-up of the configuartion, that this is a coincidence. 

I have my camera's as a necessity to control what I try to preserve, as all your customers. This is now unreliable and therefore become a system that I can't depend on. Why can't you in someway give a solution (as I also have been trying to distill from the threads) within the thread. It is continueously sent then by e-mail and these people then post back after a month that they have not heard anything back from the technical support. This gives the reader the idea that is going to be escalated and dealt with.... unfortunately this is not the case.

So I have actually two points:

1. Can you tell me if there has been a firmware update recently that could affect camera connection's? If not, maybe you could look into this possibility and try to solve this.

2. If I can't solve this problem I would have to change all my camera's for a new brand and this is not a preferred option. Do you have a solution?

Please inform me on the thread AND e-mail so that all your customers can follow the follow-up; inproving customer support reliability and therefore possibly increasing your customer trust in your products.

Kind regards,

Virsycham

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:camera offline-Solution
2023-11-17 15:51:54 - last edited 2023-11-20 08:03:30

@virsycham 

This might be a waste of time for you but, currently, some of my cameras suddenly go "off line". One is now permanently "off line". I have never had this problem before.

I have been working through the various troubleshooting ideas that have been suggested. Most of these did not help at all but one suggestion was to try accessing the Tapo App on a different phone. Despite both phones being the same manufacturer and model, to my surprise, all the cameras (when viewed on the second phone) are working normally while, simultaneously they are all showing as "off line" on the original phone! Thus, nothing seems to be wrong with the cameras, the router, or the wifi signal.The only difference between the two phones is that the second phone has a newer version of the App. Why the original phone (with the older version of the App) should suddenly stop working properly (after nearly a year of flawless performance) is a mystery.

It might, therefore, be worth trying to access your cameras from another device with a newer version of the App. Hope this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:camera offline
2023-11-16 08:34:48

@virsycham 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report. Recently, we have released new firmware for the Tapo C310, C200, and TC70. However, the new firmware improves the performance of the camera and won't cause the offline issue usually.

For your offline issue, please go to the camera's Device Settings>Reboot Camera page to enable the Auto Reboot feature on the Tapo app and check if it helps.
If the problem remains, please help confirm what troubleshooting you have done.
Generally, we will escalate the case to the tech team if it needs further analysis, and we will inform the specific customer when the case is escalated. If the customer does not receive the email within one day, he can contact us on the thread or private message, and we will check what's going on in the specific case.

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-16 10:00:08 - last edited 2023-11-16 10:01:11

@virsycham I have the same issue since this morning 05:00AM. My C200 went offline in blueiris where it worked now for 3 months without an issue. Blueiris does not find the stream anymore nor does it detect the camera when looking for it which worked like a charm before.

In the tapo app, which I dont want to use more than necessary, I see the camera working. So I restarted it several times now but it still does not solve the issue. 

I have several dozen cameras in blue iris and I need to have in there as the others. Several remote locations as the OP has so SD card is not a solution.

The IP address did stay untouched and unchanged.

Are you sure that your firmware update did not affect the ONVIF etc. capabilities of the cams?

Options
2023-11-16 14:14:16

@Solla-topee 

L.s.,

Thank you for replying....I wish I could give you a diagnostics report.... I can't get the camera's online (and yes, I have working cameras on the same internet connection, same WiFi etc.). So If I would want to give you more details, I would like to know how I can get into the camera's system to access any information that would be usable.

So, please let me know how to help you in order to help me and the community.

Kind regards,

Virsycham

Options
2023-11-17 11:36:56

@firefox7518 

Hi,
The problem you mentioned is different from the original one, it's suggested to Start a New Thread to report your issue.
The general information we have about the new firmware does not show it affects the ONVIF capabilities of the camera. You can check the camera's IP address on the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Device Info page, and test if you can ping the camera's IP address successfully on the Blueiris if it can't detect the camera.

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-17 11:37:43

@virsycham 

Hi,
If you can touch the camera, please try to reboot the camera or the router and check if the camera will be back online, or you can send me the camera's MAC address via a private message for further analysis. If you can't touch the camera, please check if your family member can help you reboot the camera or router to make the camera online.
Best Regards

Options
2023-11-17 15:01:47 - last edited 2023-11-17 15:07:15

@Solla-topee 

L.s.,

Following your request to reboot the camera (that rebooting means: power all off for one minute; power (mains) on again and get the camera started again) I have done multiple times. No result; I can't get the camera to work within the app where I have other Tp-link cameras that are working. This implies that I can't go to settings or any other way to access any relevant camera options thta you would when the camera is added or when it goes online.

And yes; I have tried to put these camera's in another WiFi network with a stable 2.4 Ghz connection: no camera goes online.

Tha MAC address of the C200:  see direct message!

Tha MAC address of the C310:  see direct message sent! 

Hope you can still help!

kind regards,

Virsycham S.L.

Options
2023-11-17 15:04:16
If the camera does not come online I can't see any option like IP address. This option is not possible with the camera only 'offline' and unable to connect and so unable to go online.
Options
Re:camera offline-Solution
2023-11-17 15:51:54 - last edited 2023-11-20 08:03:30

@virsycham 

This might be a waste of time for you but, currently, some of my cameras suddenly go "off line". One is now permanently "off line". I have never had this problem before.

I have been working through the various troubleshooting ideas that have been suggested. Most of these did not help at all but one suggestion was to try accessing the Tapo App on a different phone. Despite both phones being the same manufacturer and model, to my surprise, all the cameras (when viewed on the second phone) are working normally while, simultaneously they are all showing as "off line" on the original phone! Thus, nothing seems to be wrong with the cameras, the router, or the wifi signal.The only difference between the two phones is that the second phone has a newer version of the App. Why the original phone (with the older version of the App) should suddenly stop working properly (after nearly a year of flawless performance) is a mystery.

It might, therefore, be worth trying to access your cameras from another device with a newer version of the App. Hope this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-17 16:43:26
Thanks for your input of this idea! I will have a try and see if this makes any difference. I will let you know. Kind regards
Options
2023-11-18 10:46:49

@virsycham 

Well..... the problem has now been solved and this thanks to the comment from one of your users. I removed the app totally; restarted the telephone to make sure there was no internal memory asking for the 'old app' and reinstalled the app once again. Now I could add the two camera's that were before unable to connect in the app. Seemingly the 'older version' (which is not old; maybe 6 months) is not working well enough to handle re-connections.... Something you tech guys could look into.

So: an advice to everyone; do not only try rebooting your camera's and router; make sure to remove the app totally and install all again. Why this does help and is not mentioned by the technical support is very surprising to me! Maybe customer service could use this tip and get down to the actual problem why this happens would result in less problems going through discussions forums and would evidently result in less frustration/happier clients.

Regards

Virsycham

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 934

Replies: 12

Related Articles