Can I connect 2 range extenders sequencially to extend the signal even further?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-24 19:47:18 - last edited 2022-07-29 05:54:01

I've got 2 extenders (WA850RE and WA855RE) Can I use them sequencially so the signal expands even further? How do I do it?

I read something about converting one into an access point (is it that?) but I didn't understand it. Can someone help me?

Thank you!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I connect 2 range extenders sequencially to extend the signal even further?-Solution
2022-05-17 09:11:36 - last edited 2022-07-29 05:53:54

Hello everyone,

Here is a related QA- Part3

Q3.6 Can I use more than 1 range extender in the house? Can I connect a wifi extender to another wifi extender?

It is not very recommended wirelessly connecting one range extender to another, as the performance of the second extender could be unsatisfactory.

• If you have more than one range extender, please make sure that the range extenders are both connecting to the host router's Wi-Fi network directly.

Topology : RE1 )))(( Router )))(( RE2

Other network topologies: or you could wire one of the Range Extenders to the front end(router or RE1) and use it in AP mode for best performance .This requires one of the range extender supports AP mode.

More Articles: 

[Configuration Guide]  TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

[Troubleshooting] Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

[Troubleshooting]   What should I do if Internet speed becomes slow via Range Extender?

[Troubleshooting]   Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender or Saying Incorrect Password

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Can I connect 2 range extenders sequencially to extend the signal even further?
2019-02-26 06:19:46 - last edited 2022-07-29 05:54:18

It not recommended to use the second extender to extend the first extender's( in range extender mode) wifi signal, it may cause the internet speed issue and network dropping issue.

It is recommended to use two extenders to extend the router's wifi signal. 

If you want to use the first extender in Access point mode, you will need to connect this extender to your router with an Ethernet cable instead of wifi. In this way, you can also use the second extender to extend the first extender's wifi. 

To learn more about access point mode, you can refer to this manual:https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1143.html

Options
Re:Can I connect 2 range extenders sequencially to extend the signal even further?
2020-05-01 19:45:27
Options
2020-08-12 06:23:28

@ItaGON . Make sure that the second extender is connected independently to the router instead of working as a slave extender.

Options
2020-08-12 06:35:53

Step 1: Survey

2. Step 2: Plan your Topology

3. Step 3: Plan the Layout

4. Step 4: Buy the Gear

5. Step 5: Convert the New Router to an Access Point

6. Step 6: Install the Access Points

7. Step 7: Configure the Repeaters

Options
2020-09-01 05:21:22

@ItaGON 

I have been looking for a solution to your problem for the last few days.

At last, I found the best wifi extenders to get improvised performance.

here is the link to read more https://www.mybestwirelessrouters.com/what-is-a-wifi-extender-or-wifi-booster/

Options
2020-10-09 04:20:18 - last edited 2020-10-11 01:06:18

Thanks @JoyKumarPal!! I just visit the link https://www.mybestwirelessrouters.com/what-is-a-wifi-extender-or-wifi-booster/. It's really very helpful article to know much more about WiFi extender or WiFi booster. I've learned a lot of things from the article.

Options
2021-02-07 21:04:08 - last edited 2021-02-07 21:05:56

@ItaGON 

Hello, 

I believe you have received a satisfactory answer that would help you with the wifi extender. If you are looking to get help for the best compatible routers for Xfinity then I have picked up a few models with in-depth research. 

Give it a good read, I hope it will help you.

https://myinternetmaster.com/best-xfinity-comcast-routers-2021/

Many thanks

Luis

Options
2021-03-22 05:51:38

@ItaGON  has anyone answered you or did you figure it out

Options
2021-03-22 05:55:56
Options
Re:Can I connect 2 range extenders sequencially to extend the signal even further?-Solution
2022-05-17 09:11:36 - last edited 2022-07-29 05:53:54

Hello everyone,

Here is a related QA- Part3

Q3.6 Can I use more than 1 range extender in the house? Can I connect a wifi extender to another wifi extender?

It is not very recommended wirelessly connecting one range extender to another, as the performance of the second extender could be unsatisfactory.

• If you have more than one range extender, please make sure that the range extenders are both connecting to the host router's Wi-Fi network directly.

Topology : RE1 )))(( Router )))(( RE2

Other network topologies: or you could wire one of the Range Extenders to the front end(router or RE1) and use it in AP mode for best performance .This requires one of the range extender supports AP mode.

More Articles: 

[Configuration Guide]  TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

[Troubleshooting] Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

[Troubleshooting]   What should I do if Internet speed becomes slow via Range Extender?

[Troubleshooting]   Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender or Saying Incorrect Password

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 98321

Replies: 10