Can I connect 2 range extenders sequencially to extend the signal even further?

2019-02-24 19:47:18

I've got 2 extenders (WA850RE and WA855RE) Can I use them sequencially so the signal expands even further? How do I do it?

I read something about converting one into an access point (is it that?) but I didn't understand it. Can someone help me?

Thank you!!

Options
5 Replies
Re:Can I connect 2 range extenders sequencially to extend the signal even further?
2019-02-26 06:19:46

It not recommended to use the second extender to extend the first extender's( in range extender mode) wifi signal, it may cause the internet speed issue and network dropping issue.

It is recommended to use two extenders to extend the router's wifi signal. 

If you want to use the first extender in Access point mode, you will need to connect this extender to your router with an Ethernet cable instead of wifi. In this way, you can also use the second extender to extend the first extender's wifi. 

To learn more about access point mode, you can refer to this manual:https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1143.html

Options
Re:Can I connect 2 range extenders sequencially to extend the signal even further?
2020-05-01 19:45:27
Options
2020-08-12 06:23:28

@ItaGON . Make sure that the second extender is connected independently to the router instead of working as a slave extender.

Options
2020-08-12 06:35:53

Step 1: Survey

2. Step 2: Plan your Topology

3. Step 3: Plan the Layout

4. Step 4: Buy the Gear

5. Step 5: Convert the New Router to an Access Point

6. Step 6: Install the Access Points

7. Step 7: Configure the Repeaters

Options
2020-09-01 05:21:22

@ItaGON 

I have been looking for a solution to your problem for the last few days.

At last, I found the best wifi extenders to get improvised performance.

here is the link to read more https://www.mybestwirelessrouters.com/what-is-a-wifi-extender-or-wifi-booster/

Options