Votes

Possibility to change WiFi channels

Votes

Possibility to change WiFi channels

171 Reply
Re:Possibility to change WiFi channels
2024-03-13 06:18:41

@bjlockie I use x90. And I'm not taking to kindly to the idea of possibly bricking these ridiculously unfeatured expensive units.

@TP-Link 

I need to be able to set the channel as two of my neighbors are also using deco and it consistently clashes with my networks.

This is a real issue for me as I have quite a few devices that require a stable and timely responses.

After two power outages and a number of reboots it finally landed on relatively unpopular channel, and this has me seriously considering throwing these units out in favor of another vendor who'll meet my requirements.

Options
2024-03-13 09:42:05

This screenshot is from TP-Links own Wi-Fi toolkit app, showing that every single 5GHz network in my area is located in the same channel. How can TP-Link keep saying that the Deco units "intelligently" select the best channel? According to the Deco app "Channel 36 is perfect" which is utter nonsense.

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2024-03-13 19:56:07

@TinyFigeonz @bjlockie I use x90. And I'm not taking to kindly to the idea of possibly bricking these ridiculously unfeatured expensive units.

Once it is supported by an official release version and if you can upgrade via the web interface, I don't think the chances of bricking are very high.

I do NOT know the status of the support and I can't play around with it because other people rely on 0 downtime. :-)

I don't see anything about the X90 either. :-(

Options
2024-03-13 20:17:51 - last edited 2024-03-13 20:24:13

@Wrayman 

I don't know why they don't allow for the channel width to be reduced too, if it wasn't as wide then I think everything would place nicer especially on the 2.4ghz band. It just makes more mess for everyone sharing the spectrum with the slight advantage of more headline speeds.

Options
RE:Possibility to change WiFi channels
2024-03-29 17:01:19
Essential!
Options
3 weeks ago
This is the basic feature! A lot of Wifi5/6 devices does not support higher channels (above 64)! For example: old google home, old google chromecast
Options
2 weeks ago

@jcsogo  still waiting for this solution. All the possible explanations and justifications. At the end, the Decos are very slow, since they always select the most crowded channels.

If no solution during the coming months, I will discard the PX-50. 

So sad.

Options
Tuesday
I'm astonished at a minimum the deco will not automatically change channels if interference is noticed. Thought this should be a standard feature, as well as manually selecting a better option other than one channel away from my next-door neighbor.
Options
Tuesday

There won't be any manual channel change options, they just tease us with the possibility of changing it to keep us from returning the equipment.

Options
Tuesday

@Wrayman Yep. They just don't care. They are the SONY of this world, they think there is no competition and can pull a Helldivers 2 whenever and however they want...

Options