Reconnect the deco app to an existing deco network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Reconnect the deco app to an existing deco network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
49 Reply
Re:Reconnect the deco app to an existing deco network
2020-10-25 19:42:37

@firdaus I still have this problem.

My network works. I am connected to it. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. When I open it, it takes me to the setup process and can not find the wifi

Options
2020-12-06 06:38:25

@maxi032 same problem for me too. Come on tp link why don't you tell us how to sort this out

Options
2020-12-07 08:30:44

@Arthwit 

Hi

We would like to follow up on your case by email.

And please have a check of your email box later.

May I know the model number of your Deco?

How about the hardware and firmware version about the Deco?

And what is the model number and operating system of your smartphone?

If the smartphone is on the 3/4G, are you able to see the Deco’s network on the APP

And can I have a picture of the error message?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-12-07 16:08:42

@TP-Link 

On every unit there is a small reset hole.

All I had to do was to reset the unit using a small pin and follow the setup process again

Options
Re:Reconnect the deco app to an existing deco network-Solution
2020-12-08 08:01:04 - last edited 2023-05-19 02:37:13

@maxi032 

Update:

Please refer to the solution here:

Paint Your Home in Wi-Fi/ Let's begin on the Deco APP

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-12-16 07:05:04

@TP-Link Hi I have the same problem. The WiFi system was installed by a technician of an electronics store. He probably installed it with his own account. When I use the app with my account it goes through the setup but it can't find the already existing Deco network. Is there anything I can try without resetting the whole system?

Options
2021-04-08 22:56:21

@TP-Link My internet provider replaced my old router and installed a Deco M5 at home, no modem, directly to ethernet. Previously I had 4 Deco M5 setup as access points connected to my old router to expand the wifi and have the benefits of a mesh network. Unfortunately the technician who setup the new Deco M5 router did the process through their own app, not the Deco app with my username and password. When I try to access the network through the app on my Iphone I cant find the network. If I try to add the network to the app it will take me to the setup process, but the Deco is already setup with green light, not blinking blue light. The technician didnt provide a username and password to access the deco via web based. I called the internet provider for them to provide a username and password without success. Ive tried admin, 123456, 0000, etc. 

There must be a way to access the network with a generic password or add an existing network to the Deco app. Help. 

Options
2021-04-09 01:37:15

@skoljatic 

Hi, we could help you track the current TP-Link ID based on the MAC address of your main Deco, but you might still need to find out the password for this TP-Link ID;

And there is no generic password for all the TP-Link accounts and the web interface syncs the same username and password with the Deco APP ;

For the M5, it is already supported to change the owner account on the condition that you already knew the old password;

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2957/

So normally, the easier way is to reset the whole Deco unit then  set it up again under a new email account;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-09 17:43:21
Same issue and this did the trick! Thank you!!
Options
2021-11-04 01:10:39

@TP-Link This is not working for me. 

• Reisntalled the app. While connected to the deco mesh wifi tried to connect and it starts the process from zero.
  • rebooted the decos

Cannot make the deco app reconnect to the existing deco. And I need to assign static ips. Is ther some other way?

Thanks

Options
Related Articles