C200 SD card wont work.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C200 SD card wont work.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C200 SD card wont work.
C200 SD card wont work.
2020-02-11 14:25:47 - last edited 2020-02-20 06:39:04
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I have the latest hardware and firmware. I've deleted and re downloaded the app. Restarted, reconnected and rebooted the camera. I've formatted the SD card to FAT32 and the app just says no SD. So I cannot format it on the app. Tapo themselves is being unhelpful. Please. Help. And the SD card is from Amazon. 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:C200 SD card wont work. -Solution
2020-02-15 20:56:30 - last edited 2020-02-20 06:39:04

@Mollie2731 I received my C200 today, and after a lot of faffing about I eventually got a microSD to work.
I kept trying, with 3 different cards, but every time I inserted a card the camera announced there was a "problem with the SD card" and I was pretty peeved.

It seems you have to unplug the C200, put the card in, then switch the C200 back on, then go to the app.

But be patient! The camera (if I recall correctly) still announced there was a problem with the SD card, and then shortly afterwards the app had a pop-up which (I think) asked whether I wanted to format/initialise the card, but when I told it to format the card the app said formatting had failed!
But once there's a recognised card in the camera, on the app you can tap on the SD card in the settings, and in my case it said it was still formatting - just as well I didn't just remove the card when the app said formatting had failed! It DID work, and didn't take excessively long to do it, so hopefully yours will work too eventually!smiley

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-05-24 10:56:25 - last edited 2022-05-24 10:57:26

@rwnfries 

Hello everyone, 

If  Tapo camera fails to format SD card , or SD card can not be detected, please try some suggestions here 

1. Here is an instruction that helps with troubleshoot SD card problem, kindly give it a try and let us know if it works for you.
What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

2. Try a SD card with 8 GB to 128 GB capacity  (* capacity less than 2 GB is not supported):
Which microSD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras? 

3. Verify if SD card is Fake (expanded capacity) with H2testw software and share a photo with us ( NOTE: back up important files before run the test )

How to Verify Fake Micro SD Cards

4. Confirm Tapo APP and tapo Camera firmware are both up to date. 

If still the same issue, please  create a new thread here  and provide some with case details to help look into the case further. 

1. Model and Hardware version of Tapo camera

2.  Brand & Capacity of the SD 

3.  photo of SD card

4.  photo of H2testw test result 

5.  photo of the error on Tapo APP 

6.  Mac address & SN of camera (please share via private message)

* this post will be marked as solution so users could get the information easily and provide further feedback

Thank you for your understanding. 

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:C200 SD card wont work.
2020-02-12 03:58:15

@Mollie2731 

The camera supports micro-SD cards with up to 128GB capacity, may I know the brand & model of the SD card? And how about its storage capacity?

Please try a different SD card if you have.

In addition, the latest firmware of the camera should be 1.0.4, please also check for update on the App.

Options
2020-02-15 20:56:30 - last edited 2020-02-20 06:39:04

@Mollie2731 I received my C200 today, and after a lot of faffing about I eventually got a microSD to work.
I kept trying, with 3 different cards, but every time I inserted a card the camera announced there was a "problem with the SD card" and I was pretty peeved.

It seems you have to unplug the C200, put the card in, then switch the C200 back on, then go to the app.

But be patient! The camera (if I recall correctly) still announced there was a problem with the SD card, and then shortly afterwards the app had a pop-up which (I think) asked whether I wanted to format/initialise the card, but when I told it to format the card the app said formatting had failed!
But once there's a recognised card in the camera, on the app you can tap on the SD card in the settings, and in my case it said it was still formatting - just as well I didn't just remove the card when the app said formatting had failed! It DID work, and didn't take excessively long to do it, so hopefully yours will work too eventually!smiley

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-02-20 06:38:59

@Kazzz 

Thanks for sharing, glad to hear that you figured it out. 

Format SD card is a good choice, and we can try different SD cards to test it. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-26 06:33:54
still not working pls help
Options
2020-05-22 11:58:17
There's a variety of types of microSD cards available: SDXC, SHC etc. Which 128gb cards do TP-Link recommend for the Tapo C200?
Options
2020-08-21 10:18:02

@Kazzz thanks for this! We'd tried inserting the SD card several times and it just kept saying that there was a problem with it.

So we checked out the forum and after reading some threads, thought that we had the wrong type of SD card (fat32/non fat32). 

Then we saw your advice! We switched the camera off, inserted the SD card, switched it back on, it still told us that there was something wrong with the card, but when we went into the app it was asking us to initialise the SD card. Sorted😀!

It's a go to with tech products. If it doesn't work, switch it off and back on again to make it work😆!

Options
2021-07-24 11:08:31

@Marcia.Zhang 

Why do you require a perfectly original SD CARDS when my PC can read it? Its really disappointing that your camera does not accept ordinary but new sd cards. Its a sandisk ULTRA MICRO SDXC UHS-1 125 GB. I bought 4 cameras.

2 c200

2 c310

Unfortunately they do not accept the SD CARDS.

It is really frustrating. I probably won't recommend this and be against people who buy your product if you don't fix this.

Is there a way to format the SD cards manually on a PC?

Options
2021-12-10 09:53:48

@Kazzz Hi purchased a 128 gb nuflash from Amazon and low and behold I had all the symptoms lots of people including your good self described. What a to do it is just to perform a simple task!! Followed your instructions to the letter alas I was to be disappointed. So I decided to try the same gb from an old tablet and to my surprise it damn well worked. So your instructions were very helpful thank you so much. Still got hair!!!!! 

Options
2022-05-24 10:54:03

@melvinesp same problem!

I bought 3 C200 cameras and my 3 Sandisk ultra SDXC 128 gb UHS-1 are not working. Already tried initializing and formatting but both are failed.

Somebody from TP-Link, please help.

Options
2022-05-24 10:56:25 - last edited 2022-05-24 10:57:26

@rwnfries 

Hello everyone, 

If  Tapo camera fails to format SD card , or SD card can not be detected, please try some suggestions here 

1. Here is an instruction that helps with troubleshoot SD card problem, kindly give it a try and let us know if it works for you.
What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

2. Try a SD card with 8 GB to 128 GB capacity  (* capacity less than 2 GB is not supported):
Which microSD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras? 

3. Verify if SD card is Fake (expanded capacity) with H2testw software and share a photo with us ( NOTE: back up important files before run the test )

How to Verify Fake Micro SD Cards

4. Confirm Tapo APP and tapo Camera firmware are both up to date. 

If still the same issue, please  create a new thread here  and provide some with case details to help look into the case further. 

1. Model and Hardware version of Tapo camera

2.  Brand & Capacity of the SD 

3.  photo of SD card

4.  photo of H2testw test result 

5.  photo of the error on Tapo APP 

6.  Mac address & SN of camera (please share via private message)

* this post will be marked as solution so users could get the information easily and provide further feedback

Thank you for your understanding. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 9944

Replies: 12

Related Articles