Unknown hidden SSID from the MR600. What is it and how do I deactivate it?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-15 16:20:05 - last edited 2021-06-15 03:04:03
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

During a WiFi scan I found a hidden SSID from the MR600 that has the same MAC-Address as my main SSID.

Guest network is disabled and my main SSID is not hidden.

What is it? How do I deacitvate it? Do others have it too?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unknown hidden SSID from the MR600. What is it and how do I deactivate it?-Solution
2021-06-15 03:03:59 - last edited 2021-06-15 03:04:03

Hello @kernash and all,

If you want to disable the Onemesh hidden network on the router, please install the beta firmware we provided here as a workaround:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/267610

There will be a new official firmware including the option to disable the Onemesh in the near future, for those who don't want to install the beta version, please keep an eye on your router web GUI or the official website, and wait for the new official firmware patiently.

Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:Unknown hidden SSID from the MR600. What is it and how do I deactivate it?
2020-02-20 09:19:23

@Baenz 

For your information, the Archer MR600 supports Onemesh, and the hidden network is used to build up the Onemesh connection only. And it cannot be detected by normal wireless devices, except the third party program. And you do not worry about that, this hidden network is secured and Onemesh network is interacted via SSH. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-20 10:19:33

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your explanation.

How can I disable OneMesh?

Options
2020-06-03 19:55:37 - last edited 2020-06-03 20:07:05

@Kevin_Z, sorry but what is ssh.? 

How i could deactivate the ghost network? 

Ssh are command? 

Inside the modem details isn't a button to deactivate the mesh devices... Why? 

Kevin please explain better.. Thanks! 

Options
2020-07-16 02:10:49 - last edited 2020-07-16 02:12:00

@Kevin_Z please bring a setting to disable this one mesh thing. I don't want this one mesh because I don't need it. Archer c6 covers my whole home. please give users an option to turn it on or off. just make it like if anyone wants to enable one mesh then hidden said will be turned on automatically and if anyone doesn't want one mesh then they can choose to disable one mesh and thus it also disables that hidden SSID. I have archer c6 and one mesh hidden said is getting detected automatically from my laptop normally. when my laptop detects it my link speed goes down to 175 or 200Mbps from 433.3 Mbps.

Options
2020-07-16 02:57:28

@Baenz 

Hi, for your issue, I would like to add something from the previous explanation.

The product MR600 supports the Onemesh feature and there is no button to turn it on or turn it off.

But this Onemesh feature only works between two products which both support Onemesh function.

This hidden network is for another product which also support onemesh feature to find and connect. Then they will come up mesh network.

If you don't have another product which also supports onemesh feature, this hidden network makes no difference for your life and other wireless devices.

They can still connect the MR600's Wi-Fi to use.

Hope this explanation will help you better.

Have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-16 03:08:21

@Robynbra 

Hi, for this issue, I would like to add something from the previous explanation.

The product MR600 supports the Onemesh feature and there is no button to turn it on or turn it off.

We would like to transfer the feedback that the button can be added to turn on and off the mesh feature to our senior engineers. They would evalute it. 

However, this Onemesh feature only works between two products which both support Onemesh function.

This hidden network is for another product which also support onemesh feature to find and connect. Then they will come up mesh network.

If you don't have another product which also supports onemesh feature, this hidden network makes no difference for your life and other wireless devices.

They can still connect the MR600's Wi-Fi to use.

Hope this explanation will help you better.

Have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-16 03:19:42

@Vucko130 

Hi, the product MR600 supports the Onemesh feature and there is no button to turn it on or turn it off.

We would like to transfer the feedback that the button can be added to turn on and off the mesh feature to our senior engineers. They would evaluate it. 

'I have archer c6 and one mesh hidden said is getting detected automatically from my laptop normally. when my laptop detects it my link speed goes down to 175 or 200Mbps from 433.3 Mbps.'

Your issue is when your PC detects the hidden network, the link speed goes down.

We want to make sure which network is connected on your PC now? It is the main Wi-Fi of main router Archer C6? Or other networks?

When the PC can't detect the hidden network name, the link speed is normal, right?

May I know if your PC can only sometimes detect the hidden network name not all the time?

Since for the normal case, the PC and other wireless devices can't see the hidden network. May I know if you have installed some softwar on your PC?

Your reply would be much appreciated.

Options
2021-03-31 21:59:59

@Solla-topee 

Hi, I had a similar issue: completely disabling WiFi I still see the strong hidden signals on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands!crying

That's very annoying for many reasons:

1) I have the router MR600 at 1.5 meter from me (so no good for the health)

2) The signals occupy uselessly precious WiFi channels (i have another router for WiFi distribution at home)

3) Wasting of power

4) There is NO SENSE having a OneMesh signal if WiFi is disabled!!!!! no I wonder who designed it!surprise

So please, add a button to the web interface to completely disable it once and forever!

It should be enabled (by user) only if WiFi is also enabled and only for the specific enabled band.

IT is useless having OneMesh signal on a 5Ghz band if I enabled only the 2.4 GhZ band, and the other way around.

As a QUICK fix, for now, just disable it when WiFi is disabled, at least...frown

As a QUICKER fix, please let me know how to SSH into MR600 and disable OneMesh by commands. I wanna get rid of it ASAP.

Please let me know if you are going to fix it, otherwise I will have to sadly return the Tp-Link MR600 to Amazon (3 weeks left).

Thanks

Daniele

Options
2021-04-07 19:53:40

@Solla-topee 

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Is anyone going to answer me, please?! cool

Thanks

Daniele

Options
2021-04-08 03:31:54

@jdaniele 

Hi, Currently, it is still not supported to turn off the hidden SSID used for Onemesh network;

All the related feedback has been forwarded to the senior engineers for further consideration;

And if there is any improvement about this feature, I will update here as soon as possible;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6302

Replies: 17

Related Articles