Powerline Adapter Red Light (1 out of 4) 1.5 years in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-01 00:49:50 - last edited 2021-03-01 15:45:59
Model: TL-PA7010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Recently my power line network adapter failed. I first noticed that the ethernet wire when plugged in would show Unidentified network. I confirmed that the ethernet wire worked properly, and plugged it directly into the router and internet was recovered.

I investigated all four of my powerline network adapters, three of the four had three green lights, but one of them has a red light on the powerline LED.

After resetting the power line adapter and connecting it close to the others, it still continued to have a red light. I even swapped outlets. All the power line adapters were purchased in 2019, at different time points. The one I own has a model number that ends in US and its version is 2.0. 

Are there any steps to help diagnose and repair this problem? Or am I left up to purchasing more adapters because this one failed?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Powerline Adapter Red Light (1 out of 4) 1.5 years in-Solution
2021-03-01 15:45:23 - last edited 2021-03-01 15:45:59

@Solla-topee 

Thank you.

After getting the PLC utility working, and checking firmware was up to date, I noticed that the master adapter was not visible when viewing the connections. Transmissions were high quality speed (50+ mbps) between the non-master adapters. Coming from a working adapter and adding the "faulty" one using the key on the back, I was able to see that it could connect to the master but transmissions were low quality speed.

I reseated the master on the outlet, and the connections were restored. I still don't know the cause of the problem, but the issue was resolved. Thank you again for all of your help!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline Adapter Red Light (1 out of 4) 1.5 years in
2021-03-01 03:05:08

@PleaseSendHelp 

Red power line LED means  adapter is paired  with a weak powerline signal, but  the unit should get still Internet from router. 

Please make sure the Master adapter is  wired to router is properly with all 3 Leds On.

Try a different Ethernet cable between router and Master adapter, and try a different LAN port on main router. 

If still no Internet, please check the IP address on your powerline extender (salve adapter)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Disconnect the Master adapter from router and connect a  PC directly to router ( using the same cable that adapter used ) , please share us a photo of PC ‘s IP address at that time.

Options
Re:Powerline Adapter Red Light (1 out of 4) 1.5 years in-Solution
2021-03-01 15:45:23 - last edited 2021-03-01 15:45:59

@Solla-topee 

Thank you.

After getting the PLC utility working, and checking firmware was up to date, I noticed that the master adapter was not visible when viewing the connections. Transmissions were high quality speed (50+ mbps) between the non-master adapters. Coming from a working adapter and adding the "faulty" one using the key on the back, I was able to see that it could connect to the master but transmissions were low quality speed.

I reseated the master on the outlet, and the connections were restored. I still don't know the cause of the problem, but the issue was resolved. Thank you again for all of your help!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4305

Replies: 2

Related Articles