Deco M9 Plus and M5 and Archer AX73

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-20 04:22:14
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone. I am new here. I just installed unifi 500 Mbps plan and get a set of free M9 Plus 2 packs and I got a router Archer AX 73 from computer shop. (Previous I got deco M5 3 packs bought two years ago but still functioning)

May I know why when I set up the satellite deco 3, 4 and 5, it always connect to main deco which provide slower speed (around 30Mbps). But occasionally satellite deco 3 connected to satellite deco 2, the speed can be up to 200 Mbps. I cannot choose the source signal. 

I connect Archer AX73 to the modem provided by TM and connect M9 plus to Archer AX73 as main router. Then connect second M9 plus as second satellite deco and follow by M5 as third, fourth and fifth satellite deco. Any setting is wrong? 

Should I set the deco as router mode(as default) or access point mode? Which mode provide a faster speed?

Please give some professional advice. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus and M5 and Archer AX73
2021-05-20 07:03:58

@cswong1212 

Hi, It would be much better to set up the whole Deco system into access point mode and only leave the Archer AX73 to be the DHCP server;

Both working modes would provide a suitable speed and access point mode would make the whole system under the same IP range;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-20 09:09:06

@TP-Link meaning that I need to change the working mode into access point mode?

Then how about the satellite deco 3 always connect to main deco and not to satellite deco 2 which is nearer to satellites deco 3. 

when deco 3 connect to deco 2, the speed can be up to 200 Mbps but when connect to main deco, the speed is only 30Mbps. How to solve this. Thanks 

Options
2021-05-21 05:50:34

@cswong1212 

Hi, yes, it needs to change the operation mode to access point, instead of the wireless router;

As for the signal source, the later firmware 1.6.0 would allow users to manually choose the signal source.

Before the official firmware, now we have another firmware that improved the signal source selection mechanism and if you wanna test this firmware, please leave me a private message;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2146

Replies: 3

Related Articles