Votes

[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh

Votes

[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh

74 Reply
Re:[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh
2021-12-28 16:43:45

@Kevin_Z >>so we tried to make it clearer by adding the QAs to the Onemesh splash page<<

To me, that doesn't look like an honest attempt to make the limitation known, it looks like a an attempt to head off lawsuits.

Those "q & a"s are buried at the bottom of looooong page full of flash-bangs that only the ADHD tweens are going to go all the way through. 

There is NO MENTION of this limitation on the PRODUCT PAGES and there is NO MENTION of this limitation in the PRODUCT DOCUMENTATION.

Options
2022-01-18 10:22:03
Upvote! The onemesh function must be available also in Access Point Mode. I bought the router that support onemesh and after the configuration I realize that onemesh is available only in Router Mode. Good product, easy to use, good wifi coverage, but not fully onemesh compatible... I hope for now. Please upgrade the firmware (Router Archer AX10)
Options
2022-01-18 18:33:45 - last edited 2022-01-18 18:50:13

@Kevin_Z 

Please, add onemesh feature in Access Point Mode.

+1 on this request

upvote... upvote....

Options
2022-01-22 04:36:51

@Kevin_Z

Please, add onemesh feature in Access Point Mode.

+1 on this request

upvote... upvote....

Options
2022-01-23 01:11:01

@Kevin_Z 

Please add my vote for Onemesh in AP mode.

I selected two tp-link products (AX55 and RE605X) specifically to use the Onemesh functionality i read about.

I was extremely disappointed to learn I could not do it with the AX55 in AP mode.

I already have a firewall/NAT device on my network.

I need the seamless mesh capability between these two devices that I thought i was getting, the extended wifi is just not the same.

Thanks.

Options
2022-02-02 15:36:13

@Kevin_Z 

Hello! I hope you are doing great.

Do you have any updates/feedback about OneMesh on AP mode for Wi-Fi routers?

Thanks!

Regards.

Options
2022-03-01 10:57:46 - last edited 2022-03-03 16:02:10

Hi,

i'm registering here for posting this message :)

I have at home an Archer AX11000 in AP Mode and a RE605X Extender

I didn't see the restriction of One Mesh support in AP Mode before buying the RE605X. The limitation was described, it was my fault...

My home infrastructure is like this:

• I have a router/modem that handle a fiber connection up to 8 Gb/s that goes to a switch having multigigabit ethernet (2.5,5,10 gbps) ports
  • The AX11000 is link up to the switch using the 2.5 Gbps ETH 
  • The RE605X is link up to the switch using a regular 1 Gbps ETH
  • Some components (servers, nas, ...) in my infrastructure are link up using SFP+ or QSFP fiber ports (10 Gbps / 40 Gbps) on my LAN

Why i didn't want to set the AX11000 in router mode ?

• My "modem/router" is located is the basement of my house (where the ISP Fiber come to). If i locate the AX11000 here, i need another extender for cover my house. It's not efficient or it's useless to put my best "wifi bandwitdh endpoint" to the basement... I want it in a more effective area like the ground or upstairs. In the counterpart all network stuffs, switching, cabling are done on basement (near the modem location)
  • The AX11000 can't handle the WAN connexion at 8Gb/s like my current modem do (i have an Internet provider with a maximum of 8 gbps download bandwidth connected to my switch using a SFP+ fiber connexion). If i connect the modem to the AX11000 in RJ45, i cut down the link to the WAN at 1 Gbps (the modem have only one SFP+ or Regular 1Gbp/s RJ45)

I bought the AX11000 some times ago and was used as my Router for a while. 

But i want now to use it only in AP mode for having a good access point connected to a 2.5 Gbps network and having the RE605X in the upstairs with OneMesh.

For now, i just use "extender wifi" with another SSID for the RE605X and will wait to see if Tp-Link will do an update for having OneMesh support in AP mode. That would sound very good for me.

It it will not be the case at the end, i will probably see another brand stuffs when Wifi 7 will be here...

Best regards,

Nephri.

Options
2022-03-28 04:03:12

@Kevin_Z 

+1 for this feature.

I've finally bit the bullet and set up a pfSense firewall/router between my Archer and modem. I already knew my OneMesh setup would explode as I already had to change my network setup once when I first purchased the range-extenders...

At this point I've resigned myself to dropping my entire tp-link setup for something else if this doesn't get patched in. While disabling OneMesh hasn't exactly broken my network, I don't want to continue buying products that are dead-ends in for my home setup. Help us out here :) 

Options
2022-04-22 10:04:43

@Kevin_Z 

Jumping in on the bandwagon asking for people to have OneMesh extended onto the AP mode of wireless routers as well.

It would be really wonderful if the two devices could be configured and managed from one single AP instead of two, and a great plus would be to see the two devices communicate with each other and capably self-allocate channels of the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands to avoid interference or cross-talk between client devices.

OneMesh management with the AP mode of wireless routers could help introduce seamless integration of TP-Link devices that can help improve TP-Link's introduction of devices into residential places that just need a simple straightforward but reliable set up to handle things without hassle.

Options
2022-05-10 08:44:50

@Kevin_Z Ideally it would be if OneMesh support made available in the AP mode has been extended to plain AP devices.

Options

Voters 111

+ 107 Voters