[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh

80 Reply
RE:[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh
2023-09-08 20:50:41
Please have onemesh in AP mode!!
Options
Re:[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh
2023-09-11 06:29:03

@Kevin_Z Please, it's been almost 2 years now since this original request? I too would like to see mesh

Kevin_Z wrote

There are some cases that customers have their main modem router acting as the gateway and DHCP server in the network, and thus they need to change the TP-Link router to work as an Access Point to avoid the double-NAT issue. However, some of them still request the Onemesh routers (TP-Link OneMesh Devices) to support building up an Onemesh system with the Onemesh extenders when working in Access Point mode.

Before requesting that, we hope you could have a brief understanding about the difference between Router mode and Access Mode by referring to the article below, some advanced features would not be supported in Access Point mode, which is also the case for Onemesh:

What’s the difference between the Access Point Mode and Router Mode on the TP-Link wireless router?

If you do purchase an Onemesh router and extender already, you will need to configure it in Router mode to build up the Onemesh system. For better performance, it is suggested to check with your modem router support that if you can turn it into bridge mode or pure modem, then configure the TP-Link router as the main router.

However, we still open our ears for the market and customers here that how many of you request the Onemesh router supporting Onemesh in AP mode, and all of your opinions will be passed to the relevant team to be considered.

Press the like button and/or leave your comments and opinions if you also request the same. You can also exchange or share your opinions on this feature here. Thanks!

support for TP Link Routers (i.e. AX-6000) in AP mode. I use my own router and have multiple TP-Link REX Extenders along with an AX-6000 as my primary AP. 

Options
2023-09-12 17:31:25

Everyone here, I am giving up.

I am totally disapointed by waiting for feature, that should be 100% expected as must have for the network product.

If you are interested, got combo of Archer AX-90 and 4 REX 505 which will be throwen away, as it does not support mesh over cable. 

Got old house, wifi cannot penetrate walls well, need to stream 4k/8k over whole house and this **** TP-LINK products cannot handle that.

Goodbye TP-LINK and will never ever went back, will warn everyone around me to stay away from your products.

Wishing passion to other "waiters".

Bye

Options
2023-09-17 12:45:15
Enable One-Mesh in AP mode on the Archer AX-6000
Options
2023-09-17 12:50:31

@Kevin_Z 

The original post for this feature request was submitted in 2021, and it's now 2023. According to the thread, the feature is showing as 'Under Consideration'. Can we get an official response from TP Link as to whether they're ever going to implement One-Mesh as an option in AP Mode? It's understandable how some features require router operation. However, mesh shouldn't be one of them. I tried to work around this using WDS Bridging, but the performance is terrible (doesn't come close to what the mesh operation provides in terms of performance). I have an Archer AX6000 and several RX500X units I have purchased in the last year, and am becoming so frustrated with having to use the AX6000 in router mode when I have a need to use my own router.

Please TP-Link, make it possible to use mesh operation even when the AX6000 is operating in AP mode.

Options
2023-09-18 04:49:28
It will be great if we get the Onemesh feature in AP mode
Options
2023-09-22 13:49:08
same as everybody else. i want onemesh in ap mode or i ll have to drop all my tp link present and future and move to another hw vendor that allows it (would pain me as i ve been using tp link for 15+ years and i have not been disappointed yet)
Options
2023-10-04 21:28:42

@Kevin_Z 

Could you please help me on how is the best way to configure the equipments I have, taking into account that AP mode doesn't support One Mesh?

I have two OTP-Routers, in bridge mode, connected each one to a WAN port of a TL-Rt470t.

In the LAN port of the TL-Rt470t i've connected an Archer C80 witch I've configured in AP mode

Then i've two RE200 to extend wifi.

Should I configure the TL-Rt470t in a different way, and use the C80 in router mode?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Options
2023-10-07 11:37:52

@SantiagoE 

Thanks for asking.

As you've mentioned Archer C80 doesn't support Onemesh or EasyMesh when working in AP mode. There are two options:

1. If you prefer to use Onemesh or EasyMesh, please configure the C80 in Router mode, then add the RE200s as Onemesh or EasyMesh devices to extend the wireless network of the C80. Be aware that only RE200 V5 supports EasyMesh, and you can only use Onemesh if your RE200s are not V5.

2. If you prefer to leave the C80 in AP mode, you may configure the two RE200s as a standard extender mode to extend its wifi. Here is a guide for your reference to configure the extenders.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-17 20:32:44 - last edited 2023-10-17 20:33:46

@lunnyus 

I bought an AC1750 (RE450) wifi extender and used it in Mesh mode for a while but because of the distance the speeds were not great so i routed a LAN cable in the hopes of plugging it in for AP mode in One Mesh system, but unfortunately it didn't work. 

But I have manually set the extender SSID and Password the same as the main network and so far my phone connects seamlessly between the 2 and so far is working just like the it used to in One Mesh mode now with much faster speeds

Hope this helps

Options

Voters 114

+ 110 Voters