What if TP-Link Router Disconnects from Internet?

What if TP-Link Router Disconnects from Internet?

73 Reply
Re:Router Disconnects from Internet
2022-01-06 10:26:22

Hi,

I recently bought a TP-Link AX73 and it is terrible. It just randomly restarts, multiple times a day and after the restart it refuses to connect to the Internet even when I press the connect button manually. After 5-6 minutes, the connection is restored, but this instability is unacceptable as we are working from home and need a stabile connection.

What I have done so far:

• Updated the router firmware to the latest, the router says it is up to date
  • Disabled the SPI completely
  • Cloned the MAC address of the old router

I changed back to my old WR1043nd router and it connected immediately and it is stable. The AX73 was located at the same place as the old WR1043nd and it has plenty of air to ventilate, it is only slightly warm, so it can't be the issue. I also used the same devices with the new router, nothing's changed.

Could it be a hardware issue? What should I do? Should I send the router back in warranty?

Thanks,
Balázs

Options
2022-01-07 11:41:49

@Moha7 

Hello, if the router reboots itself randomly, please follow the below troubleshooting thread to try the suggestions one by one first:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/270746

If none helps, please report the issue to the support engineers as suggested in it.

Options
2022-01-13 19:31:47

@Kevin_Z 

Archer AX1500(US) v1.2. Connection drops every 2 hours. wifi remains active but no internet. Internet light turns orange. reboot fixes the problem. Comcast xfinity internet with a netgear modem. tried changing mtu size based on a support article, this fixed the problem for about a week but the same thing is happening now again. 

Options
2022-01-14 02:08:57

@BBCV 

Hello, if that is the case, I would suggest you email the System Log on the AX1500 to support.email@tp-link.com, but don't reboot the router before saving the log, you can try tapping Disconnect/Connection on the router web GUI if the internet doesn't recover automatically.

Options
2022-01-14 16:55:35

@Kevin_Z 

Hello i am having similiar issue on AX90 droping internet Firmware Version 1.1.5 Build 20210903 rel.39200

Past couple of days router is droping internet connection, red light have to reboot the router to get it working. Its been working at same location for last 6 months without issue. 

Service is Telus Fiber optics, Alcatel Lucent modem then Gigabit Switch which feeds 2 routers AX90 and Telus stock T3200M. Have checked when AX90 drops connection Telus router is still connected. 

I am using google DNS, MAC address is not cloned i don't think that makes any difference. Reseting the router will be last resort becuase i am subscribed to Homeshield and have mapped all the devices in house with correct controls.

Working from home and droping internet in middle is a big deal. Any help would be appreciated, thanks 

Options
2022-01-18 05:55:57

@SSG 

Hello, please try installing the beta firmware we provided below, then monitor if the connection is stable:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/521268

Options
2022-01-18 06:05:08

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks will give it a shot on weekend. I did changed one setting, had router reboot schedule around 3 am everyday. Disabled schedule 3 days back and so far router have not lost internet. 

Will monitor this, if router holds up will do manual reboot every week. 

Options
2022-02-10 08:04:07

I'm not sure about the issue but If you are looking for the refurbished routers here is the best options. Xfurbish

Options
2022-02-11 15:02:36

Hi,

I have Archer AX20 v1.0 with the latest FW 1.3.5 Build 20211231 rel.53949(4555). All devices I have in my home are connected to main WiFi network secured with WPA2/WPA3 Personal. Internet module to my central heating stove is supporting only WPA secure, so I connected it to geust network. And from about 2 weeks, probably after latest FW update that device missing internet connection. I can't see it on clients list. Unplug it from power solving problem for 2 days :) 

Do you have any idea what can I do?

Options
2022-02-15 06:32:34

MiloszPL wrote

Hi,

I have Archer AX20 v1.0 with the latest FW 1.3.5 Build 20211231 rel.53949(4555). All devices I have in my home are connected to main WiFi network secured with WPA2/WPA3 Personal. Internet module to my central heating stove is supporting only WPA secure, so I connected it to geust network. And from about 2 weeks, probably after latest FW update that device missing internet connection. I can't see it on clients list. Unplug it from power solving problem for 2 days :) 

Do you have any idea what can I do?

Hello @MiloszPL, can you please explain this in more detail? What is the wireless security for the Guest network of AX20 now? Do you mean the heating stove can no longer connect to the Guest network? What are the security options for the Guest network on the AX20, can I have the screenshot?

Options