What if the Range Extender keeps losing connection?

What if the Range Extender keeps losing connection?

28 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection
2021-10-10 12:09:26

@Solla-topee I tried both bands (2.4 or 5 GHz) separately, but the problem remains the same

The led is green (even during the few seconds when the connection is lost)

I have tried to set the channel to 40 and the bandwidth to 40 but the problem remains

When the connection recovers there is no reboot, it just stops and recovers by itself

I have just bought the extender so it never worked (I had a previous repeater which was working ok until it fells and breaks (a Netgear wn2000rptv2))

Yes I tried to relocate the extender close to the router but it did not change anything

Weird thing though, when I lose the connection, it seems that only inbound traffic is stopped whereas outbound traffic still goes through:

Options
2021-10-11 08:39:33

Good day@garitu , many thanks for the more details , I believe this issue need to checked further.we would like to escalate your case and follow it up through email, please check your inbox, thank you. 

Options
2021-11-16 07:41:04

The same issue just randomly drops the connection. Updated to the latest firmware with no success. This has been happening since purchase thought an update would solve the issue but no luck. I'm considering getting my money back not worth the migraine.

Options
2021-11-17 06:11:53

Hello @Owhatapain  I wish I could help and that requires some detailed info to locate the problem, I recommend you start a new thread here with device model, firmware and hardware version, led status, frequency, and the troubleshooting you have tried, we could help look into it further. Thanks. 

Options
2021-11-19 10:06:11

@Solla-topee I have just seen that a new firmeware was published on  November 3rd 2021 (1.0.8 Build 20210916 ).

I have installed it and so far it seems to have fixed my problem.

yes

Options
2021-11-19 11:01:53 - last edited 2021-11-19 11:02:10

Hello @garitu Glad to hear that RE200 V4 Firmware released in Nov,2021 helps improve the performance, thank you for taking time to share possible solution here, very helpful!

Options
2021-11-20 14:15:45

@Solla-topee Actually, after using it a little more, I can say that it improved the connection but it is not completely fixed:

I am losing the connection  2-3  seconds every  2 to 3 minutes instead of 10 seconds every 1 minutes, but I still lose the connection

(At least I am not disconnected from zoom calls but I still freeze regularly)

So maybe wait for other feedbacks to see if this is the ultimate solution to this problem...

Options
2021-11-22 12:55:23

Hello@garitu , that is sad. If you need any further help or get unit replaced under device warranty,  please reply to the support email and our support will assist further. 

Options
2022-01-22 12:53:52

@Bibek_Yadav I can not connect my phone with extender

Options
2022-01-24 10:21:31

Hello @Noka 

That seems to be a different topic from this thread (this thread is for RE unstable connection), can you start new thread here for the concern.

If device does not connect to Wi-Fi Extender Wi-Fi , you could try some tips on this thread:  [Troubleshooting]  Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender or Saying Incorrect Password

Options
Related Articles