Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

331 Reply
Re:[New Firmware] Routers supporting VPN Client
2022-04-07 12:45:17

@Kevin_Z 

Hello

good morning

Archer AX20 v2.0 US firmware: 2.1.5 Build 20211231 rel.73104(5553)

Can't connect to VPN using WAN - L2TP My VPN Service Provider is LE-VPN and has the L2TP protocol active and functional, can you do something to make it work?

Using the New VPN Client Option in OPENVPN Protocol unfortunately lowers the internet speed performance too much and they already explained to me that when activating that it only uses a single processor core of the router and it is not an option for me, they can also add the Protocol WireGuard I would appreciate it I would like you to send me the latest beta ZIP to install on my router and do tests,

thanks

regards

Options
Re:[New Firmware] Routers supporting VPN Client
2022-04-08 03:21:17

macmax1718 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hello

good morning

Archer AX20 v2.0 US firmware: 2.1.5 Build 20211231 rel.73104(5553)

Can't connect to VPN using WAN - L2TP My VPN Service Provider is LE-VPN and has the L2TP protocol active and functional, can you do something to make it work?

Using the New VPN Client Option in OPENVPN Protocol unfortunately lowers the internet speed performance too much and they already explained to me that when activating that it only uses a single processor core of the router and it is not an option for me, they can also add the Protocol WireGuard I would appreciate it I would like you to send me the latest beta ZIP to install on my router and do tests,

thanks

regards

Hello @macmax1718, I have replied to you in the following thread just now, please check:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/270268?replyId=1063344

BTW, it's not necessary to comment on multiple topics about the same issue, you can tag my account to notify me, and I will reply to you as soon as I'm online.

Options
Re:Routers Supporting VPN Client
2022-04-17 15:32:43

Kevin_Z wrote

Omega2000 wrote

I would like VPN Client support on AX3000 Archer AX55 model. Please and Thank You

@Omega2000 

Hello, thank you for following the thread. As far as I know, Archer AX55 does have a plan to support VPN Client feature, you may keep an eye on your router web GUI or Tether app for the updates. You can also subscribe to this thread, I will update my original post once there is a new model added to the supported list, you will get a notice once it is updated.

@Kevin_Z, Can you give an indication when VPN Client function will be added to AX55 firmware? When AX55 gets VPN Client function I will buy AX55.

Options
2022-04-17 18:44:54

@Kevin_Z 

I can't do port forwarding when using openvpn client on my tp-link ax73 device.
Openvpn client routing works smoothly on keenetic brand router.
How to enable port forwarding in openvpn client mode on tplink ax73 device?

Options
2022-04-18 07:06:43

C-J-S wrote

Kevin_Z wrote

Omega2000 wrote

I would like VPN Client support on AX3000 Archer AX55 model. Please and Thank You

@Omega2000 

Hello, thank you for following the thread. As far as I know, Archer AX55 does have a plan to support VPN Client feature, you may keep an eye on your router web GUI or Tether app for the updates. You can also subscribe to this thread, I will update my original post once there is a new model added to the supported list, you will get a notice once it is updated.

@Kevin_Z, Can you give an indication when VPN Client function will be added to AX55 firmware? When AX55 gets VPN Client function I will buy AX55.

@C-J-S Sorry, I will not have an answer for that, but I guess it will be soon, you may wait one week or two, then check for the new firmware on the router web GUI or Tether app.

Options
2022-04-18 07:08:44

tekniking wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I can't do port forwarding when using openvpn client on my tp-link ax73 device.
Openvpn client routing works smoothly on keenetic brand router.
How to enable port forwarding in openvpn client mode on tplink ax73 device?

@tekniking This may be off-topic, we can discuss it in your thread directly:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/544528

Options
2022-04-19 12:05:18

@Kevin_Z 

Two more problems, one small, one gigantic.

1) The small one: under Advanced - Internet - Auto negotiation the new firmware does not have the option of 2500 Mbps full duplex; the previous firmware does.

2) The big one: after two or so weeks, devices start to disconnect from the router, irrespective of the VPN provider. Worse stilll, the router disconnects from the internet provider. I've never had this issue before with the AX11000, which I've been using for more than two years now. When I revert to the last official firmware, the problem disappears.

Options
2022-04-20 06:00:12

@Maciej 

Maciej wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Two more problems, one small, one gigantic.

1) The small one: under Advanced - Internet - Auto negotiation the new firmware does not have the option of 2500 Mbps full duplex; the previous firmware does.

Kevin_Z: Can I have the screenshot if you are still on the beta firmware? If no, I would ask the engineers to confirm instead.

2) The big one: after two or so weeks, devices start to disconnect from the router, irrespective of the VPN provider. Worse stilll, the router disconnects from the internet provider. I've never had this issue before with the AX11000, which I've been using for more than two years now. When I revert to the last official firmware, the problem disappears.

Kevin_Z: Can I know who is your ISP? If you are still on the beta firmware now, I would like to have the System Log on the AX11000, please ensure it records the disconnect and reconnect behavior.

Options
2022-04-20 06:17:52 - last edited 2022-04-20 06:20:21

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your response.

No, I have reverted to the last official firmware, as I need the router to work stably.

1) Just go to Advanced - Internet - Auto negotiation and you will see that the option "2500 Mbps" is no longer there - whether by design or by accident, I don't know.

2) The router's system log showed nothing, however the router would randomly disconnect from the ISP's modem and it would take a full reset to bring back the connection. This would occur irrespective of whether I was using a VPN or not.

Switching back to the previous firmware (1.2.3 Build 20210719 rel.14861(4555)) eliminates both problems.

PS My ISP is Toya (Poland, Eastern Europe), and the modem is a Technicolor CGA4233; it is completely transparent, i.e. I cannot configure it in any way, and has always worked reliably, among others for the past two years with my AX11000.

Options
2022-04-20 18:15:55

@Kevin_Z I was dewasteyed when I discovered that my Archer AX55 has not VPN client. Is there possibility that this functionality will be added? I was sure that there is vpn client due to price of this router. I bought router, few months later PIA VPN and I discovered this importamt lack of vpn client...

Options
Related Articles