Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

331 Reply
Re:Routers Supporting VPN Client
2022-08-19 09:14:40

@Kevin_Z Hi, same question about Archer AX53.For me, availability of the vpn-client is preferable to the availability of the vpn-server

Options
2022-08-19 11:24:01

Nebel wrote

@Kevin_Z Hi, same question about Archer AX53.For me, availability of the vpn-client is preferable to the availability of the vpn-server

@Nebel Sorry, there is still no update yet on whether Archer AX53 will support VPN Client or not. I will update my original post and let you know once there is any advanced notice about it.

Options
2022-08-19 11:26:10

Sepharine wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I am just upgraded. The background is ugly and dark. AX1000 here.

Thanks anyway for this update.

@Sepharine surprise The background should not be updated as I can confirm. Maybe there are improvements for our gaming UI.laugh

Options
2022-08-20 03:13:20

@Kevin_Z 

Finally got it, thank you again!

Everything seems to be working perfectly, no complaints at all - or perhaps one, namely the SpeedTest, which continues to give incorrect results. But I'm used to this by now, so no big deal.

Options
2022-08-21 19:29:48

@Kevin_Z 

Hello

Thank you for share the new firmware with us.

I have installed today and I have noticed following things:

1. Connection alerts on Tether app was removed (on beta it was not workig)

2. QoS on old firmware takes bandwidth from speed app, and it was an option to enter manually,  now the option to take automatically disappeared (or I cannot fid it anywhere) 

3. On Microsoft Edge (chronium based version) meniu from left on Advanced settings is changing font size on hover (this behavior was also on beta, but I thought that it will be fixed on final version).

Thank you

Options
2022-08-21 19:39:05
For: 2. I found QoS option only on web version, but not on Tether app (before I remember that it was also on Thether app) 3. I have tried with another browser ans it seems to be fine - but on edge it have a strange behavior Thank you
Options
2022-08-21 22:32:59

@Kevin_Z 

thanks to everyone involved on the new firmware!

did a quick test and i'm getting good speeds on ovpn to a france proton server. 

258.3mbps down which is quite good for ovpn on a router.

my ax6600 used to max out at around 30mbps

Options
2022-08-21 22:52:26

@Kevin_Z 

One thing that I've noticed...

Previously, on the beta firmware, if I chose WPA3 + WPA2 encryption for a single given band, the clients connected to it would automatically choose their optimal protocol; for example, my PC, which has an AX200 chip, would select WPA3, while my Huawei P30 Pro, which does not support WPA3, would select WPA2.

But now, selecting WPA3 + WPA2 for one band results in all clients shifting to WPA2, irrespective of whether they support WPA3 or not.

Options
2022-08-22 01:51:38

@tarund 

Thank you very much for reporting this to the community.

Agree with you that the new firmware uploaded on the local website seems incorrect, I will report it to the local team and ask them to review and update it.

Options
2022-08-22 08:52:29

Maciej wrote

@Kevin_Z 

One thing that I've noticed...

Previously, on the beta firmware, if I chose WPA3 + WPA2 encryption for a single given band, the clients connected to it would automatically choose their optimal protocol; for example, my PC, which has an AX200 chip, would select WPA3, while my Huawei P30 Pro, which does not support WPA3, would select WPA2.

But now, selecting WPA3 + WPA2 for one band results in all clients shifting to WPA2, irrespective of whether they support WPA3 or not.

@Maciej Do you remember the wireless security settings on the AX11000 before the firmware update?

I assume you may choose WPA2-PSK AES before the update, and the AX200 remembered that connection and still display WPA2 security after the update. Please try to delete the wireless profile on the AX200 and reconnect to the network again to determine if it will display WPA3 security.

Options
Related Articles