What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

106 Reply
Re:What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?
2023-03-20 06:30:25

zexoni70 wrote

Dear  @Kevin_Z  good day.

What are the chances of Archer AX73 V2.0 getting EasyMesh soon?

On the site it has been written for a long time that it is planned, but that upgrade for EasyMesh is never released...!? 😉

@zexoni70  Thanks for asking again.

I'm sorry that I still don't have any advanced information that when the new EasyMesh firmware will be available for Archer AX73 V2.0. I would check with the product team and update the community if there is a roadmap for adding EasyMesh to the routers (if there is any).

Options
2023-03-20 06:43:16

jcsoto88 wrote

Good day @Kevin_Z. Do you know if Archer AX21 v1.20 is likely to get the update? I see AX20 V3 has it already but dont know if they are "comparable" or equal in a way. Looking forward easymesh and ethernet backhaul for this Router, cannot use onemesh due to distance and have ethernet cable setup. Regards,

Hello @jcsoto88  Thanks for asking.

As per the EasyMesh Product List, Archer AX21 v1.20 is not there. There is currently no plan to support EasyMesh for it.sad

Please keep in mind that while our teams may provide hints on what models are to receive a feature, it is definitely not an exhaustive list, and the models supporting features are always changing, meaning that models can be both added and removed, or even just updated without warning.

Options
2023-03-20 09:13:46 - last edited 2023-03-20 09:19:05

Good day @Kevin_Z 

As I've been observing the supported listing, it got me curious. To make the router compatible for EasyMesh, is it hardware dependent or just firmware? I've just upgraded to Archer AX90 / AX6600 and using RE605X as OneMesh.

Really hope to see AX90 to be included in the planned release similar to range extended RE605X.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/easymesh/product-list/

Much appreciated.

Zubir Jamal | Archer AX90 | RE605X
Options
2023-03-20 16:11:16 - last edited 2023-03-20 16:13:09

Dear @Kevin_Z ,

thanks for the reply, and then we are still waiting for the answer from the product team and whether the Archer AX73 V2.0 will also get EasyMesh support in the near future... yes

TRUST NO ONE, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
Options
2023-03-23 07:15:33

ZubirJamal wrote

Good day @Kevin_Z 

As I've been observing the supported listing, it got me curious. To make the router compatible for EasyMesh, is it hardware dependent or just firmware? I've just upgraded to Archer AX90 / AX6600 and using RE605X as OneMesh.

Really hope to see AX90 to be included in the planned release similar to range extended RE605X.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/easymesh/product-list/

Much appreciated.

Hi @ZubirJamal 

I'm honestly not sure if it's hardware-dependent or firmware or chipset.

As you can see the models supporting EasyMesh are constantly changing, so you may check the EasyMesh product list regularly to confirm if AX90 will get the EasyMesh firmware in the future.

Options
2023-03-25 07:56:40

@Kevin_Z 

EasyMesh is a standard for mesh Wi-Fi networks that allows devices from different manufacturers to work together seamlessly. This means that you can create a mesh network using routers and extenders from different brands, as long as they are all certified as EasyMesh compatible.

EasyMesh is designed to improve Wi-Fi coverage and eliminate dead zones by creating a seamless mesh network that allows devices to automatically connect to the strongest signal available. This means that you can move around your home without having to manually switch between different Wi-Fi networks or worry about losing your connection.

TP-Link routers and extenders that are certified as EasyMesh compatible can be easily added to an existing mesh network, regardless of the brand of the other devices in the network. This allows you to expand your Wi-Fi coverage by adding TP-Link devices wherever you need them.

To set up an EasyMesh network with TP-Link devices, you will need at least one EasyMesh compatible router or extender. Once you have your device, you can use the TP-Link Tether app to add it to your mesh network. The app will automatically detect other EasyMesh devices on your network and allow you to easily add them to your mesh network.

Once your EasyMesh network is set up, you can enjoy seamless Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home just like i did for my website, with devices automatically connecting to the strongest signal available. This makes it easy to stream videos, browse the web, and play games from anywhere in your home without worrying about dead zones or dropped connections.

Options
2023-03-26 16:49:35

@Kevin_Z 
Hey!
What about easymesh for AX1500 (AX10)?
I see its "planned".
I just get the AX55 (3000) and figure out i can't connect it wireless with my old AX1500 ... (ax10) 
OneMesh is not possible as long as i see... so i wanted to use easymesh..
as it's av at AX55 i don;t see the firmware for AX10 (ax1500)

Options
2023-04-14 04:21:05

@Kevin_Z  

nice sharing
Options
2023-04-18 15:39:44

Hey,

I see AX20 V3 got the easymesh feature recently, any plans to support AX20 v1 with EasyMesh as well?

Options
2023-04-21 03:09:11

MangoPenguin wrote

Hey,

I see AX20 V3 got the easymesh feature recently, any plans to support AX20 v1 with EasyMesh as well?

@MangoPenguin As per the EasyMesh Product List, AX20 V3 supports EasyMesh already. There is currently no plan to support EasyMesh on AX20 V1 as per the list.sad

Options