Deco APP Release Note

Deco APP Release Note

264 Reply
Re:Deco APP 3.0
2022-11-18 20:46:19 - last edited 2022-11-18 20:47:03

@David-TP 

Hi, 

I have questions about TP-Link Smart Devices in Deco app and Kasa app.

With Deco app 3.0 it is now possible to set schedule for Smart Device from that app. I have TP-Link Kasa Smart Plug HS103 which I configured previously in Kasa app. It has schedule set for it in Kasa app. That schedule is empty in Deco app.

Questions:

1) Will these schedules be synchronized at one point?

2) If not, is there a FAQ on how to transfer TP-Link Smart Device with its schedule from Kasa app to Deco app?

3) If I set new schedule entry in Deco app, what will happen with schedule entries set in Kasa app for that same Smart Device?

Options
2022-11-18 22:09:59

@David-TP 

David,  I finally received the Android v3 update. Initially all looked go. Now 24hrs later zero Online Clients.  All are now listed as "Off Line".

Using Deco M5 router and five satellite M5 and one M3W nodes. 

I have stopped and restarted the App. I have rebooted mu LG V60 ThinQ.

No joy? 

Options
2022-11-19 02:34:22

@David-TP 

Hi, 

I hope you could make the block app available to Deco m4 series V2. I only have block website option on my end but that does not really a big help nowadays, My child is still able to sneak some gaming apps and some social media apps,

Hopefully tracking app usage would be available too. 

Thanks

Options
2022-11-19 19:41:11

@David-TP 

My network is working good. I really like the new version of the app.

But the app, version 3.0.19, give me the message: "You might need to replace your Ethernet cable". I wish I could click somewhere to get more details.  What the system did detect that leads it to that conclusion? What difference it would make if I change the cable? Given that I have no other signs of problem, I wonder if running a new cable is worthwhile.

Options
2022-11-19 21:40:47

@David-TP just had my first look at version 3.0 first impressions were good until I noticed I now have 0 clients connected. This is clearly a fault somewhere but I can't see where. This issue dose kind of ruin what otherwise looks like a nice update. If anyone can offer advice on how to fix I'd appreciate it.

Options
2022-11-20 17:27:01

@BenGinders Found some issues with Ukrainian interface translation... Correct form for average device connection signal is 'Задовільний' insted of 'Справедл' . For download it's correct to use 'Завантаження' insted of 'Завантажити'. In 'network optimisation' section it's correct to use 'топологію мережі' insted of 'топологію сітки'

Options
2022-11-21 04:02:11

@xtimex 

Options
2022-11-22 01:27:14

@Lexivienna 

Same problem here. My devices keep bouncing online and offline all the time and then at times I will get a message deco added to system.

GUI looks nice but bit annoying with this online/offline issue. One is connected by Ethernet and the other is connected by wifi. 

Options
2022-11-22 01:42:22

@Toongy Welcome to the community.

"My devices keep bouncing online and offline all the time and then at times I will get a message deco added to the system", do you mean the mobile clients or satellite Deco Mesh nodes? Could you please share a screenshot of the online/offline notifications on the Deco APP?

By the way, have you also noticed the LED status change on the Deco, like flashing red to green, then back to flashing red, or the LED is green all the time?

Could you please help refer to this link and help me submit the APP log:https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/581574?replyId=1132466

By the way, did you have this issue before updating to Deco APP 3.0?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-22 01:54:57

@xtimex DAServices 5haun2005 Thanks for the feedback. The incorrect client issue is more related to Deco software, instead of Deco APP 3.0. 

The engineers are working on this issue and once the solution is ready, I will update here as soon as possible.

Louis5, Hi, on the Deco M5 1.6.1, When the WAN link speed between the main Deco and cable modem dropped down to 100m, there will be a prompt notification. It would be better if we can add an explanation to it in case of further confusion.

Type, Thank you very much and the feedback has been recorded. It is also suggested to start a feature request to let more community remember to vote for support:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/2252

RedRoger, Thanks for the feedback. It has been reported to the senior engineers and will be improved along with the APP version upgrade.smiley

Thank you for all your feedback.

Best regards.

Options

Tags

Related Articles