Tapo C310 'IsLineCross: false' event repetition issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-10 13:43:31 - last edited 2022-10-11 14:12:18
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Whilst doing some network analysis and monitoring the C310 events (using ONVIF Device Manager) for SmartThings integration I have noticed that once a Line Cross event is triggered (IsLineCross: true) then the corresponding false event (IsLineCross: false), once triggered, repeats every second. This happens consistently and is backed up by network activity and other logging.

I have proven this over a period of about an hour and triggering different events (motion/tamper) does not correct it. The false event repetition would seem to continue until the C310 is rebooted.

I know 1 event per second (x4 cameras) is not exactly a network flood but I have subsequently disabled Line-Crossing Detection on all my cameras to prevent this unneccessary network traffic.

I have found this functionality very useful and would like to continue using it. Has anyone come across this issue and how can a fix be persued - @Solla-topee?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C310 'IsLineCross: false' event repetition issue
2022-10-12 06:39:01 - last edited 2022-10-17 07:03:36

Hello   @TheHundredth 

May I know has camera performance been affected, except the repetitive False entries in the ONVIF Device Manager  log? 

As this is that event log captured by the third -party app, the log may not be interpreted correctly, I recommend also starting a thread in the onvif software forum and see what those log could mean.

Options
Re:Tapo C310 'IsLineCross: false' event repetition issue
2022-10-15 11:58:36 - last edited 2022-10-15 11:59:35

@Solla-topee Thanks for your response and apologies for my delay in responding to you...

Difficult to say about general camera/network performance being impacted but I guess it must be to a degree.

As far as this being an ONVIF Device Manager software (ODM) issue I have verified the repeating false events independently on the network using Wireshark (a network protocol analyzer) so it being an ODM reporting anomaly can be ruled out.

The repetition is also reflected within the SmartThings logging for the devices and happens regardless of the camera being known to either ODM or SmartThings.

From my PoV this all points towards a camera firmware issue?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 2

Related Articles