Deco slow Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco slow Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco slow Wifi
Deco slow Wifi
2022-11-09 20:53:26
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.5

Since I upgraded to the latest firmware version for my Deco M4R connected to a Virgin Superhub 3 in Modem mode I have been having issues with bandwidth on the Decos.

The best I can get is 20Mbs down and 1.5 Mbs up on the Deco WiFi.

If I re-enable the WiFi router on the Superhub I can get 250Mbs wirelessly using my Android phone.

Is this likely to be a problem with the firmware upgrade which was done a few days ago or even the recent speed upgrade from 200mbs to 250mbs on the Superhub?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco slow Wifi
2022-11-10 06:26:51

@Hagar62 Hi, it should be a small version upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 and is not supposed to cause any trouble.

Please refer to the following suggestions to see whether they helped or not:

1. please make sure the QOS on Deco M4 is disabled or set to 1000m/s download and upload.

2. Temporarily turn off 2.4ghz and leave 5ghz only and test the speed again. Please also help me check the wireless link speed on the smartphone.

3. If there is a wired laptop, please connect it to the main Deco and test the Ethernet speed from the main M4.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco slow Wifi
2022-11-10 15:11:40 - last edited 2022-11-10 15:11:59

Looks like you hit the nail on the head with your first answer. QOS was set to 20Mbs Down and 2Mbs up.

I think I set this thinking it was the limit per device for some six devices on my network. However reading the guide again it is the total bandwidth for the whole network.

Thanks for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 376

Replies: 2

Related Articles