How long does update take?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-20 08:04:57 - last edited 2023-05-20 08:06:40
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How long does the firmware update take?

On my camera it's about an hour and still doesn't  end.

It seems it stuck. What should I do ? Power off and reset ? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:How long does update take?
2023-05-22 08:13:56

@nOwiKk 

Hi,
Usually, the upgrade process won't take one hour.
Please check the LED status on the camera, and if the LED is flashing red or solid red, you can refer to the link below to troubleshoot.
What to do if my Tapo Camera gets bricked or doesn't respond to a factory reset?

Best Regards

Options
Re:How long does update take?
2023-05-30 15:34:13

@nOwiKk 

If the firmware update for your Tapo C210 camera has been running for an Hour and still hasn't finished, it might be a cause for concern. Before taking any action, it's essential to ensure that you have a stable power source and a reliable internet connection. In some cases, firmware updates can take a significant amount of time, especially if they involve substantial changes or improvements.

If the update seems to be stuck and there is no progress, you can try a few troubleshooting steps. First, make sure that your camera is still receiving power and connected to the internet. If everything appears to be in order, you can attempt to power off the camera, wait for a few seconds, and then power it back on. This might help the camera restart and resume the firmware update process.

If the issue persists even after power cycling the camera, it would be advisable to consult the manufacturer's support or refer to the user manual for specific instructions. They will be able to provide you with the best guidance on how to proceed and resolve the update issue effectively.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1246

Replies: 2

Related Articles