Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models

Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models

119 Reply
Re:Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models
2023-11-19 19:14:44

@David-TP 

The X10 recently came onto the market and from an earlier message regarding the X10 and the availability of functionality, I understood from @David-TP that the functionality of the VPN Server/Client, etc. However, I am missing this, or I am looking in the wrong place. Can anyone tell me where I can find this functionality in the X10? Thanks!
Options
2023-11-20 01:10:02

@JaapHoutman 

Hi, the first firmware of Deco X10_V1 is based on the 1.6.0 firmware platforms so it should have the features mentioned here.

Understand the Differences Among Deco Firmware Platforms

VPN server/Client is added on 1.7.0/1.8.0 firmware platforms.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-11-20 01:15:23

@P-R 

Hi, Deco M9 Plus_1.6.2 does not support the IOT network. Only Deco X95 will broadcast an individual IOT network for smart devices.

IOT network is like the VPN server/client features that are added on 1.7.0/1.8.0 firmware platforms.

Understand the Differences Among Deco Firmware Platforms

Options
2023-11-20 17:15:59

@David-TP 

Thank you for your response, but I cannot find anywhere in the Deco App connected to the X10 where the functionality I mentioned can be made visible and controlled. Can you help me with this, perhaps with a screen print? Thanks!
Options
2023-11-21 11:43:04

@JaapHoutman 

Hi, What features are you looking for on Deco X10? The VPN is not supported yet on Deco X10 since Deco X10 is still on the 1.6.0 firmware platform and hasn't been updated to 1.7.0 yet.

Best regards.

Options
2023-11-21 12:24:49

@David-TP 

Dear David, thank you again for your response. I was impressed that it is possible to indicate Signal Selection over which channel and bandwidth the connection should run. I now understand that this process is automatic. The reason was that with my X10 I experience that the 5Ghz connection regularly drops out and all devices then run via a 2.4Ghz connection. Only after I have performed the “network optimization” function does everything return to normal, including via a 5Ghz connection. With my previous Deco M4 V2 I did not experience anything similar. Perhaps you have some tips/hints. Thanks!

Options
2023-11-21 16:42:53

@JaapHoutman 

After doing some research today, I have the impression that my new Samsung A54 is causing the problem (my A70 has no problems). After I parked the A54 on the Guest Network with forced use of 5Ghz, everything is stable.
Options
2023-11-22 19:41:09

@David-TP 

Will there ever be an update for M4 V2 with signal selection? Mine still tangle themselves up every once in a while, so I definitely need said functionality... If it's not gonna happen, I might have to change to a different mesh system (which would be a shame since these mostly work very well).

Options
2023-11-23 01:58:20

@McFox 

Hi, Nice to see you again. Objectively speaking, I checked the system and there hasn't been any ongoing firmware release process for Deco M4_V2. So at least this year, I think there isn't an update for Deco M4_V2.

Options
2023-12-01 12:46:03

@David-TP 

Thanks for the response. Well, that's very unfortunate. Then again, there's not much left of this year, so hopefully there'll be an update next year... Otherwise I think next time these Deco's tangle themselves up I'll just put them up for sale and get something totally different. 

Options
Related Articles