[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

141 Reply
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-18 07:25:08

@Kevin_Z  hello everyone how can i downgrade the firmware, everytime i try to, this prompt shows

Options
Re:[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-20 18:58:57

"There are 3 built-in DoH Servers: dns.quad9.netdns.google, and cloudflare-dns.com, you can choose one at a time."

Wait... does this mean tp-link is NOT going to give us the ability to enter our own DoH resolver? We can only pick from one of those 3? 

Options
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-21 03:08:47

sajinala wrote

@Kevin_Z  hello everyone how can i downgrade the firmware, everytime i try to, this prompt shows

@sajinala If you want to downgrade the firmware to the previous 1.12.10, please try the firmware recovery described here (Method 2).

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-21 03:10:35

bsuperc wrote

"There are 3 built-in DoH Servers: dns.quad9.netdns.google, and cloudflare-dns.com, you can choose one at a time."

Wait... does this mean tp-link is NOT going to give us the ability to enter our own DoH resolver? We can only pick from one of those 3? 

Hi @bsuperc, thank you for asking.

You're right. We can only choose one from the three for the DoH Servers at the moment but there will be more in the future.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-21 05:14:53

Today Noah the senior engineer did a teamviewer session with me and collected all the logs for the issues we are having and confirmed that the 1.13.1 firmware is indeed problematic as I already knew and will do further testing in their lab and release a new beta hopefully soon. So for all those who have yet to update to 1.13.1 maybe you should hold off until a new stable version is released that sorts out all the issues on no remote access, empty client list, wrong client names etc. 

Options
2023-08-21 07:16:11

@aceedburn 

Thank you very much for the update. I believe Noah will work with the development team to provide you with a solution soon. Please be patient.

Options
2023-08-21 07:20:01

@Kevin_Z hello can you remind Noah about the status of my router, I asked them a bunch of questions and I haven't got any response yet

Options
2023-08-21 07:39:31

@sajinala 

Sure, will do.

Options
2023-08-22 10:03:14 - last edited 2023-08-25 10:20:19

@Kevin_Z 

An update from the issue we are having, your engineers were on my PC/router for about 90 minutes yesterday debugging and trouble shooting, they have this morning sent me a new Beta firmware which I have upgraded too and I am pleased to say the issue is now fixed, so I would assume this will soon get rolled out as an official fix.

Just wanted to say I'm very impressed by the way this has been dealt with by TP link, everyone who has phoned me from China has been knowledgeable, well spoken and polite, keep up the great work TP link! laugh

Thanks

Kevin

Options
2023-08-22 10:16:29

@klipse that's fantastic news. Yes Noah was indeed very nice. Glad the fix is almost out. Thanks for sharing. 

Options