[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

142 Reply
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-04 08:54:37

Hi @Yesrab 

I haven't got an advanced notice yet when or whether Archer A7 V5 will receive this version of firmware, but I will check with the developers and update here in the community once there is one.

Thank you for your interest.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-04 10:11:15

@Kevin_Z 

I fully understand wink

Options
2023-08-04 10:24:32 - last edited 2023-08-04 10:30:56

hi  @Kevin_Z,

I did unbind - bind, app unstall / install.

Tether doesn't work by 4G or Wi-Fi as aspected.

Not showing clients, settings not loading or showing 

Seems to be incompatible with the firmware currently working on the C80's 😬

I'm using a Android phone 

Hope to here soon from the engineers.

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-08-04 10:38:28

@Thom_NL 

Got you. The engineers are waiting to provide a beta App to help locate the issue as mentioned by klipse, and it may take some time.

If you need to modify settings on the main C80, please login to the web page to do so as a workaround.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-04 10:55:38

hi  @Kevin_Z,

This situation seems to be under control 👍

Still i want to add my contribution to a possible solution 😁

I will keep a eye on this development.

Thanks so far,

regards,

Thom

Options
2023-08-09 06:25:51

@Kevin_Z 

It is great to see TP-Link supporting its routers, especially the C80 (as I have to of them!), but despite the vast range of TP-Link routers I often wonder if TP-Link would do better having a smaller portfolio, but develop each more. For example, it is frustrating that the C80 does not apparently (yet) support OpenVPN.

I'm not sure I really need the speeds of Wifi 6, 6E or 7 what I need are routers that do everything (EasyMesh, backend ethernet, OpenVPN etc) .... even bettter if there one with 4G (or even 5G) LTE backup in case of main internet connection failure. I have an MR600 and MR200 -- but these miss out on EasyMesh. .. again close but not close enough. 

Options
2023-08-09 10:25:00

hi  @MarkRB.

The MR600 does have OneMesh, as stated on the product info.

Possibly already Easymesh wink

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-08-09 10:29:15

@Thom_NL  Yep the MR600 does have OneMesh, but it does not currently have EasyMesh, and as far as I can tell is not planned to get EasyMesh right now :( .... let alone ethernet backend.

Options
2023-08-09 14:56:51

hi @MarkRB,

More and more devices will get Easymesh.

@Kevin_Z can you tell us the planning / plans concerning the MR600?

Regards,

Thom 

Options
2023-08-09 16:06:42

@Kevin_Z how can i return back to the current firmware, my ar her c80 prevents me

Options