[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

141 Reply
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-17 11:02:46

@Kevin_Z appreciate your timely reply and explanation. Since it's a widely spread issue as reported by many here, why can't they issue an urgent firmware fix for it or at the very least allow us to roll back to the previous version which worked flawlessly. I'm unable to install the previous version as I understand it's not allowed. But at the same time I can't  handle this buggy version any longer as remote management and also client list management is very important to me. Please allow us to install the previous version until these problems are solved. 

Options
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-17 11:19:11

@aceedburn 

Sorry that there is currently no newer firmware to correct all the issues you reported. But if you would like to downgrade to the previous stable version, you may go with firmware recovery (Method 2) and install the previous 1.12.10 version.

BTW, do you use EasyMesh? If not, you may try to disable EasyMesh temporarily to observe if the issue will be fixed.

Options
2023-08-17 16:03:19

@Kevin_Z  @aceedburn 

TP Link Engineers have been in contact again, the issue does seem to be related to easymesh, if you disable easymesh on the main router you can then access the main router via 4g/5g.

They have also given me a revised beta firmware which is capturing some sort of cloud data and they will be accessing my network on Monday morning to capture this log so they can investigate further.

Thanks

Options
2023-08-18 00:39:20

@klipse interesting. Does the beta firmware work as intended? And does it also fix the missing client list? Because I tried disabling easy mesh and I still couldn't access the router outside my network. 

Options
2023-08-18 02:46:55

@klipse 

I'm glad to see the issue gets fixed temporarily by disabling EasyMesh. I hope our engineers would provide a final and permanent fix soon with your help and cooperation.

We appreciate all of your feedback and efforts in investigating this issue.

Options
2023-08-18 02:48:13

@aceedburn 

Sunshine has helped escalate your case to our support engineers, I believe they will contact you soon to look into the issue you reported. I hope they can work it out soon.

Options
2023-08-18 05:44:04

@Kevin_Z Hello. By any chance, can you contact the support engineers about the issue of my router, they've already looked on it and they found the error and its coming from the software, they will update me as soon as they found a solution, but it's been days and I haven't heard from them yet 

Options
2023-08-18 05:49:38

@Kevin_Z since many here has reported that the software engineers have indeed said it's a fault of the software which we all knew in the very beginning, instead of wasting time teoubleshooting it's best they release a new firmware to settle this once and for all. Because all the tests are going to be the same. It's the fault of the new firmware. No one faced any issues before this. Thanks. 

Options
2023-08-18 06:50:17 - last edited 2023-08-18 06:50:42

@aceedburn 

Hi 

The beta firmware is not a fix, it's to enable the engineer to collect the cloud log which they will do on Monday. (I'm out of home today)

I've managed to access my main router with easy mesh disabled, however it is still pretty slow and sometimes does not produce a client list on the first attempt. 

Options
2023-08-18 07:11:51

@klipse indeed. That's why I said the software is the fault and nothing else. So they should know that already and fix it instead of making us beta testers. This new firmware already had this problem during beta but they still released it as a stable version. Why did they do that?

Options