[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

141 Reply
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-24 09:50:24

@Sunshine 

Today i did test the WPS Off function.

That works on the Main C80 but the client / satellites ( also C80 v2.20 ) don't follow this feature.

Regards,

Thom

Options
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-08-24 10:13:28

@aceedburn  @sajinala  @Dinu_ks  @Thom_NL 

Hello all,

We've been provided an updated beta firmware to fix the reported client list issue, please install the new beta firmware on your C80 to check if it will display the client list correctly.

The beta download link has been updated in my previous reply:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/615066?replyId=1242704

Once you install this new beta, please make sure you relaunch the Tether App and scroll down to refresh the page.

Options
2023-08-24 10:34:13

@Kevin_Z yes Noah sent it to me earlier after having a 4 hour remote session with me trying to solve this. I'm happy to say it does solve the problem but the clients only update when I pull down to refresh. Previously it updates automatically. And also my re450 appears as a double entry in tether although I only have 1 re450. But nevertheless it's a fast fix and kudos to Noah and all of you guys for the kind assistance. 

Options
2023-08-24 10:56:28 - last edited 2023-08-24 11:23:44

hi  @Kevin_Z

Again a other issue, i could update the main C80 router.

The Satellites couldn't update trough the Web UI or Tether App.

Those satellites don't support Local Update surprise

In the Web UI:

First Satellite shows; 

Archer C80
1.13.1 Build 230705 Rel.67792n(4555)

Second sattelite shows;
Archer C80
1.13.1 Build 230822 Rel.61178n(4555)

Although i performed an update to the previous Betá version. 
I just tested the Wi-Fi, on the main router, it was 1300 Mbps, on the sattelites 1170 Mbps.

One off the Wi-Fi bands dont link? ( Smart Connect )  angry

For now i see most clients, with the speed the are using, although it seems that the speed shown is inaccurate. ( Possibly because the strange fw versions )

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-08-24 11:23:13

@Thom_NL 

To update the satellite router you need to remove it from the easymesh network, connect to its wifi, perform a manual firmware update and then add it back into the easymesh network. Both routers should be running the same version of firmware.

I'm assuming when they release the official version the tether app/gui will update both together...

Kevin

Options
2023-08-24 11:29:05

hi @klipse,

Eventhough this is a betá, updating the sattelite can be build without hassle  laugh

Thanks,

Thom

Options
2023-08-24 13:11:17

aceedburn wrote

@Kevin_Z yes Noah sent it to me earlier after having a 4 hour remote session with me trying to solve this. I'm happy to say it does solve the problem but the clients only update when I pull down to refresh. Previously it updates automatically. And also my re450 appears as a double entry in tether although I only have 1 re450. But nevertheless it's a fast fix and kudos to Noah and all of you guys for the kind assistance. 

@aceedburn 

That's great. I'm happy to hear that the issue has been resolved with the new beta firmware.

Please don't worry, I believe Noah and the development team will work together to make sure to correct all of the issues with an official release.

Options
2023-08-24 13:13:03

@Thom_NL 

I agree with klipse that there would be an official release very soon, which will correct all the small glitches. Please check and update the firmware later and confirm if the issue will be fixed.

Options
Re:[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-09-04 14:04:43

@Kevin_Z 

If there is any release note, I woul expect that it will explicitely mention version number, date an device models impacted. It is hard to figure out, if one have latest fw, as online fw update says I have latest, though the fw number and date seems same as before.

please include fw version and release date every time, even for beta releases.. 

Options
Re:[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-09-11 09:56:30

@Czmazel 

Thank you for your feedback.

We will update the date number when publishing new or beta firmware in the community.

For a specific firmware version, you can always check with the product firmware version on the official website, for example, the latest firmware for Archer AX73 v2 is Archer AX73(EU)_V2_1.0.8 Build 20230616.

Options