Tapo C225 - motion notifications have stopped.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-30 16:19:45 - last edited 2023-08-01 12:48:51
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.20

Hi everyone!

I'm experiencing an issue with a Tapo C225 camera since an firmware update. I am no longer getting motion notifications from this camera. I have been through all the settings, and all are correct. I have disabled notifications and re-enabled them, that didn't work. I have power cycled the camera numerous times. I am still receiving motion notifications from my other Tapo cameras on the same account (which are not the C225 model) so it is not an issue with my Android phone. The camera is still recording motion events in playback, correctly idenitifying motion and persons. But the camera does not send notifications to my phone.

I think this issue began after a firmware update. Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the same camera and same firmware? 

Thank you. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C225 - motion notifications have stopped. -Solution
2023-08-01 12:48:04 - last edited 2023-08-01 12:48:51
Hi everyone, 

It's recommended to refer to the suggestions in this thread "Tapo C225 V1 can't receive detection notifications after updating the firmware to the 1.0.20 version" to solve the can't receive notification issue if you encounter the same one.

Best Regards
Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Tapo C225 - motion notifications have stopped.
2023-07-30 21:51:26

@Danny_SP Yes, I am having a similar issue with C225 camera. Notifications do begin to work again if I reboot camera but only for a few hours, then they stop again. Motion is detected OK and I can see these on the timeline, it's just the notifications that are not being sent. Other cameras C210 I have work fine.

Options
2023-07-30 22:16:53

Thanks for your reply MikeSW. Glad I'm not the only one. There's definitely a flaw with the firmware or camera. I've had the C225 for about 3 months, and it's been working perfectly, until the past couple of weeks. I think it's down to a firmware update. The C225 is a more premium model with a premium price, I expected better from Tapo to be honest. Quite disappointed. With tech like security cameras, the whole point is to have reliability and peace of mind.

Options
2023-07-30 22:19:08

Correct, I have a couple of C210s and a couple of C500s on the same account. They have no issues with notifications. Just the C225 that's a problem.

Options
2023-07-30 22:24:59

@Danny_SP I have the same firmware as you, but can't say if previous firmware worked ok as I have only just recently purchased the C225 and I upgraded to the current firmware as soon as I set it up after purchase. Let's hope they are working on a fix for the next firmware upgrade.

Options
2023-07-31 00:35:55

@MikeSW previous version worked "flawlessly". Not a single issue in a month of me using c225 then the update landed. False line crossing detections, broken time line and the issues with notifications.

Support contacted me and I provided logs, screenshots, recordings and answers. I've been informed that the case has been elevated to Senior Engineers.

Options
2023-07-31 09:31:10

@Danny_SP @MikeSW 

Hi, 
Please help confirm the following information to confirm if your configurations are correct.
1. On the Tapo app, please go to the Camera Settings page of the Tapo C225>Detection & Alerts, is the Motion Detection feature turned on? What detection have you enabled on the AI Detection page?

2. Please send me a picture of the Detection & Alerts>Activity Notifications page, and what Activity Type have you selected?

3. On the Tapo app>Home page, please click on the Message icon at the top right corner, can you see the notifications for the Tapo C225 when it detects events?

4. Is the Tapo C225 connected to an NVR? If so, what's the model number of the NVR? Please disconnect the C225 from the NVR and then check if you can receive the notifications.

5. Please send me the MAC address of the Tapo C225 via private message.

If your configurations are correct but can't receive notification, I'll escalate your case to the tech team for further analysis.
(We have a beta firmware to try to solve the notification issue, and we can push the firmware to you if you are willing to test it.)

@MickyAndRed 

Our senior engineer is following up on your case via email, and please feel free to reply to the email if you have any updates.

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-31 10:29:26

@Solla-topee   Hi,

1. I have attached a screen shot of the detection settings I have enabled

2. Please see all attached screen shots

3. No, I cannot see any notifications via the Message icon when events are detected

4. No, I am not connected to any DVR

5. I will send mac address via PM

Just for your information, I have both iPad (ios) and Android phone, and this issue happens on both. Also if I reboot the camera the notifications start to work for a few hours but then stop again.

Thanks

File:
settings.pdfDownload
Options
2023-08-01 09:01:34

@MikeSW 

Hi,
Thank you for the information.
We have sent the beta firmware to your Tapo C225, please update the firmware via the Tapo app and then check if it solves your problem.
How to update the firmware of Tapo devices in the Tapo App?

Best Regards

Options
Re:Tapo C225 - motion notifications have stopped. -Solution
2023-08-01 12:48:04 - last edited 2023-08-01 12:48:51
Hi everyone, 

It's recommended to refer to the suggestions in this thread "Tapo C225 V1 can't receive detection notifications after updating the firmware to the 1.0.20 version" to solve the can't receive notification issue if you encounter the same one.

Best Regards
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-01 21:13:15

@Solla-topee  Hi,

I can confirm that the beta firmware appears to have fixed the issue with missing notifications.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 901

Replies: 13

Related Articles