This Article Applies to:

Deco X20 V2
Deco X68 V1/V2
Deco X75 V1

Deco X95 V1

Deco XE75 V1

Deco XE75 Pro V1

Issue Description:

During the last few weeks, there was some feedback about the Ethernet connection issues on Deco, such as:
1. The Ethernet Backhaul on satellite Decos suddenly stopped working.
2. The Ethernet Backhaul link speed dropped from 1000 m/s to 100 m/s.
Most of the time, switching to another Ethernet port could temporarily fix the problem .

Available Solution:

The official firmware has already addressed this issue, so please ensure that your current firmware is up to date

Related Articles:

What if Ethernet Is Not Working on Deco?

What if Ethernet Backhaul Not Working?

Options
27 Reply
Re:Optimize Ethernet Connection on Deco
2023-08-03 17:08:49

@David-TP 

Are you all aware of this occuring on the X50-Outdoor units as well? If so, is there / will there be a beta update for the X50-Outdoor (v1.0) unit to address this issue?

I ask because I believe this exact issue is occuring on my X50-Outdoor unit (periodically showing 100 Mb connection instead of 1000, periodically drops ethernet backhaul, ensured ethernet is fine, and when switching ports seems to fix the issue for a while).

I've got three X50-Outdoor units (utilizing POE) and two X95 units going through a TL-SG108PE Smart Switch.

Options
2023-08-04 01:37:17 - last edited 2023-08-04 01:48:46

@Allgood_73 

Hi, Thanks for the notification.

I did not get the feedback on Deco X50-outdoor yet. Please wait for a while and let me check with the engineers first.

Update:

the engineers said the Deco X50-Outdoor had been tested and it did not produce the same issue.

I see your main Deco is Deco X95 and maybe you could install the beta firmware here for Deco X95 to see whether it helped with the Ethernet Link speed issue.

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Options
2023-08-07 09:21:50

@David-TP The same problem also occurs on the Deco X50. The Deco X50 Satellite is connected to the Deco X50 Main via ethernet network and occasionally disconnects (bright red LED) for a few seconds. For the speed from 1000 m/s to 100 m/s I have not checked. 

Options
2023-08-07 11:49:03

@afazio 

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Did it help if you connect the satellite Deco X50 to another Ethernet port on the main Deco?

And how often did you usually get this issue?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-07 13:33:28

@David-TP is there a trick to install the beta-firmware to a Deco XE75? Whenever I try this through the web UI, I get the error message "Upgrade failed. Please select the latest version of firmware to upgrade."

Options
2023-08-08 07:41:57

@steven11 

Hi, It is suggested to check the hardware version on the product label of your Deco XE75. Currently, there are v1 and V2 but the beta firmware here is for V1 only.

However, if you had a similar issue on Deco XE75 V2, it would be great if you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with more details about your current issue, and add the forum ID 617382 so that I could have a further check with the senior engineers.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-16 07:53:02

@David-TP 

Updated my X20 twice - most recently with 1.2.1 Build 20230726 Rel. 71436 and the ethernet connection to my desktop PC has been failing repeatedly and for some reason, at an increasing rate where I have to reboot the router.

Options
2023-08-17 08:19:27

@cm-lee 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

The beta firmware here did not help with the current issue, right?

Are you able to easily reproduce this issue on the desktop PC? Or did the PC drop out multiple times a day?

If this Deco X20 is not used as the main Deco, it is also suggested to connect the desktop PC to another Ethernet port to see whether the same issue continued.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-21 06:33:39

@David-TP I have been on firmware 1.2.6 on my XE75 v1 for some time and had been stable for a few weeks. Since last week (no changes made) we've had sudden wifi disconnects and it seems 1 by 1 devices will stop working until a reboot of all decos. This is happened 5-6 times over the last 4 days or so.

Although not the same symptoms this 1.2.7 beta firmware is meant to sort but I tried it anyway and had same issues this morning, I have now downgraded to 1.2.2 to see if that helps in the short term.

i have my logs downloaded just in case a few mins after it happened this morning.

Options
2023-08-23 09:22:01 - last edited 2023-08-23 09:23:53

@David-TP Did upgrade my XE75 v1 to beta firmware. These are my findings

• 2 XE75 Deco units
  • Device and connection seems stable. No performance or disconnection issues so far
  • Ethernet port 1 is empty, port 2 goes to a switch, port 3 goes to ISP
  • Port 2 switch has on it: 1. Ethernet connection to Arlo hub station (security cameras), 2. Ethernet connection to Local HDD, 3. Ethernet connection to another Deco XE75 unit

• Working scenarios
    • Scenario 1: Port 1 empty. Port 2 switch. Port 3 ISP
    • Scenario 2: Port 1 empty. Port 2 ISP. Port 3, switch

• NOT working scenarios
    • Scenario 3. Port 1 ISP. Port 2 switch. Port 3 empty (no IP, red light, no internet)
    • Scenario 4. Port 1 ISP. Port 2 empty. Port 3 switch (no IP, red light, no internet)
    • Scenario 5. Port 1 switch (w/o Deco unit). Port 2 ISP. Port 3 empty (there's internet but whatever is connected to the switch will be unaccessible)
    • Scenario 6. Port 1 switch (w/o Deco unit). Port 2 ISP. Port 3 Secondary Deco unit (There's internet, Secondary Deco unit works as well but devices connected to switch are unaccessible)
    • Scenario 7. Port 1 switch (w Deco unit). Port 2 ISP. Port 3 empty (There's internet at first, but after a few minutes the whole Internet will stop working, including internet WiFi)
    • In brief
      • Whatever is connected to port 1 is NOT detected by Deco App
      • Whatever is connected to port 1 will not have internet
      • If there's another Deco unit connected to port 1 via a switch it will likely crash the Internet at all, including WiFi

After this, did swap Deco roles 

• Working scenarios
    • Scenario 1: Port 1 empty. Port 2 switch. Port 3 ISP
    • Scenario 2: Port 1 empty. Port 2 ISP. Port 3, switch
    • Scenario 3. Port 1 ISP. Port 2 switch. Port 3 empty
    • Scenario 4. Port 1 ISP. Port 2 empty. Port 3 switch
    • Scenario 5. Port 1 switch. Port 2 ISP. Port 3 empty
    • Scenario 6. Port 1 switch. Port 2 any device. Port 3 ISP
    • Old main deco working if connected via port 2 or 3

• NOT working scenarios
    • Old main deco (now secondary deco) NO working if connected via Ethernet port 1

Looks like Ethernet port 1 is my issue... Any way to figure out the root cause? Port no longer working? Really doesn't make sense that only 1 port is no longer working

Options