Tap C110 Constant flickering LED on front

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-25 02:01:28 - last edited 2023-08-25 08:29:57
Tags: #Motion Detection #Abnormal LED
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.2

Hi, hope someone can help me with the tapo C110 I bought recently, really impressed with the night vision & video quality but I have a LED on the front that is flickering constantly.

It's not the status light as I've turned it off but it's the light directly under the lens, from what I can gather this light is only supposed to flash when movement is detected & the alarm function is enabled, I have the alarm function disabled but yet it still flashes & it's reflecting off my bedroom window.

Is this normal or has it developed a fault, I've literally used it for just 24 hours!

TIA

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tap C110 Constant flickering LED on front
2023-08-25 08:36:29

@Rich84 

Hi,
According to the UG of the Tapo C110, the light you mentioned is the Alerts Light, and it blinks when the activity is detected.

If the Alarm feature on the Tapo app is disabled but the Alerts Light remains blinking, please help confirm the following information.
1. Turn off the Tapo C110, wait for two minutes, turn it back on, and then check if the Alerts Light will work fine.
2. Press and hold on the reset button for 10s on the Tapo C110, wait for two minutes, reconfigure the camera, and check if the Alerts Light will work fine.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Tapo C110 Constant flickering LED on front
2023-08-25 14:40:09

@Solla-topee Hi, thanks for your reply but the alert light is still flickering & it happens even if motion detection is turned off.

I followed your advice as instructed, is it possible the camera is faulty?

Options
Re:Tapo C110 Constant flickering LED on front
2023-08-28 11:40:37

@Rich84 

Hi,
Thank you very much for the updates. 
If the Alerts Light is still flickering even after you reset the camera, it should be the camera is faulty, and you can contact your retailer or local support to get a replacement if it's under warranty.

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 744

Replies: 3

Tags

Motion Detection
Abnormal LED
Related Articles