Deco XE75/XE5300/XE75 Pro_V1 LED Status: Continuously Flashing Red or Randomly Turning Yellow

Deco XE75/XE5300/XE75 Pro_V1 LED Status: Continuously Flashing Red or Randomly Turning Yellow

2023-11-01 12:24:43 - last edited 2023-11-15 01:25:40

This Article applied to:

Deco XE75_V1/ XE5300_V1/ XE75 Pro_V1

Issue Description:

The satellite Deco units are continuously flashing red. Or they randomly turn yellow--->flashing red--->solid screen--->yellow which looks like they are restarting.

Note!

1. If the satellite Deco most of the time is solid green and randomly turns flashing red, it is unlikely to be the issue mentioned here. Please refer to Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network first.

2. If your Deco is not Deco XE75_v1/XE5300_v1/XE75 pro_V1, please refer to LED loop on Deco/ Deco stuck in solid yellow.

Troubleshooting Guide:

If you happen to notice a similar LED status on the Deco, it is suggested to go through the following test:

1. Locate the problematic satellite unit, and unplug all Ethernet cables attached to it. Power off the satellite unit.
  2. Find a cellphone, put the cellphone next to the satellite unit, and turn off Wi-Fi on the phone.
  3. Power on the satellite unit, when the satellite is powered on, wait until it becomes solid green.
  4. Once the satellite unit is solid green again, turn the Wi-Fi on and connect the cellphone to Deco. 

It would be highly appreciated if you could add other observations during the test.

Related Articles:

Main Deco turned red light

Unable to connect to the Internet

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco XE75/XE5300/XE75 Pro_V1 LED Status: Continuously Flashing Red or Randomly Turning Yellow
2023-11-02 04:33:20

@David-TP Hey David, does this apply to other model like the X55 pro too? Sometimes one of my satellite units flashing red continuously till I reboot the system.

Options
Re:Deco XE75/XE5300/XE75 Pro_V1 LED Status: Continuously Flashing Red or Randomly Turning Yellow
2023-11-03 09:11:48

@Espress0-0 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

We haven't received similar feedback on the Deco X55 Pro yet. 

If you performed the further test mentioned in the post, will you see a similar LED status change( the light goes green > off > solid yellow > flashing red > green) on this satellite unit?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-11-14 00:41:47

@David-TP Hey David, sorry for the late response. The forum doesn't send me replies notification so I didn't read your message until now. So I just perform the test, I'm a bit confused about how the LED should be. 

I did unplug the Ethernet cable, then unplug power cord. Of course when I power off the unit the light is green to off. Then when I plugged in the cord, LED went from solid yellow > flashing red (for a bit) > then green. I thought this is how the LED should be when booting up till having connection, but per your description, this is a malfunction unit then? And if it works properly, can you describe for me how the LED should show when booting up a unit. Thanks a lot!

Options
2023-11-14 12:17:53

@Espress0-0 

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

I might need to edit some steps later.

We need to remove all the Ethernet cables from the satellite Deco first, then manually restart the satellite Deco once first to clear the previous network caches.

After that, we need to wait for it to fully boot up and become online. In this process, the LED should go from solid yellow > flashing red (for a bit) > then green, and stay on green for a while.

Then there is the important part, we need to re-connect the smartphone to the WiFi of the satellite Deco which we think should be the trigger to cause an auto-restart of Deco this time.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 689

Replies: 4

Related Articles