Policy Based Routing for OpenVPN tun0 Interface

2023-11-08 13:54:50 - last edited 2023-11-16 06:10:25
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20221104 Rel.41500

Hi, 

Can anyone advise if there is a method to use policy based routing for traffic routing through an OpenVPN tun0 interface?

In my situation I have two active WAN interfaces in a load balancing 50/50 configuration for standard internet traffic.

WAN1 (WAN) uses a static public ip and is setup with a site-to-site ipsec tunnel to a remote business

WAN2 (WAN/LAN1) uses a Starlink connection with no option for static ip or ddns.  This WAN employs an OpenVPN client connection to an OpenVPN server at the same remote business

I want to prioritize telnet traffic initiated at the client end through the OpenVPN tun0 interface first, and if that WAN was to go down I'd like to defer to the ipsec tunnel on WAN1

In PBR only physical WAN can be selected in drop down.  Will selecting WAN/LAN1 still work for traffic through tun0?

Thoughts on a solution/workaround?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Policy Based Routing for OpenVPN tun0 Interface
2023-11-09 03:51:31

@eightball 

PBR does not support openvpn tunnel as the WAN.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 236

Replies: 1

Related Articles