"Error. Please try again later" when trying to update detection areas

2023-11-29 10:52:09 - last edited 2023-12-04 08:11:57
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

I am trying to change my detection zones, but every time I press save I get "Error. Please try again later." This was working fine before I update the firmware this morning, now I can't change the zones for any detection: motion, person etc.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:"Error. Please try again later" when trying to update detection areas-Solution
2023-12-04 08:11:47 - last edited 2023-12-04 08:11:57

@Peanut1983 @Jack324 @tore85 @Slaw 

Hi, 

We have done a test with the Tapo C320WS V2 with the latest firmware and reproduced the issue, and also confirmed that resetting the camera to factory default settings and then reconfiguring it will solve the issue.
Please refer to "Method 2: Remove the camera via the Tapo App" in the link below to ensure the camera is reset successfully, then reconfigure it for a try.
How to reset my Tapo camera?

Please let me know if the problem persists, and I'll escalate the case to the tech team for further analysis.

Best Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:"Error. Please try again later" when trying to update detection areas
2023-11-30 06:22:01

@Jack324 

Hi, 
Please go to the Tapo app>Cameras tab, tap the Play icon on your camera, watch the camera for 5-10 seconds, then tap Manage>click on the icon at the right top corner of the Live View page to go to the camera's Device Settings page to change the detection zone, and check if you can change it successfully.
Best Regards

Options
2023-12-01 13:08:57 - last edited 2023-12-01 13:09:18

@Jack324 

I'm experiencing the same problem (same hardware, same firmware). Changing the zones works only for the "motion" mode, while for people and vehicles detection it is not possible to modify the default zone and the "Error. Please try again later." error is shown. 

Suggested solution from Solla-topee didn't work for me.

Waiting for a fix.

Thanks

Options
2023-12-01 14:57:22

@Solla-topee Thanks for the suggestion but it did not work unfortunately.

Best regards

Options
2023-12-01 15:08:53 - last edited 2023-12-01 15:11:41

@tore85 Sugestion from Solla-topee also didn't work for me.

I'm unable to change the zones for motion, person and vehicle detection but it works fine for line crossing and area intrusion. Trouble is I temporarily changed my motion zone to just a small area, then when I went to change it back to the full camera view I got this error. 

I'm sure it's something to do with the firmware update as it was fine before this, and the odd thing is I bought two cameras at the same place and time. They are identical but this one insisted I update the firmware to 1.1.6, whereas the other says it's up to date on 1.0.10 and works fine with no issues.

I'm going to reset the camera at the weekend and see if that fixes it.

Thanks!

Options
2023-12-01 16:24:58

I'm another person with the same problem. Reset and other ideas don't work so far.

Options
2023-12-02 10:00:26 - last edited 2023-12-02 10:03:40

I am having the same issue on this too. Trying to set up a activity zone on person detection and it constantly fails every time, saying to try again later.

I did send feedback through the app, and TP-Link support did get back in touch suggesting I try the following:

According to the issue, please follow the steps below to do the troubleshooting:

1) Log out of your TP-Link account and log in again on Tapo App.

2) Reset and reconfigure the Tapo device to refresh all settings.

3) Delete and re-download the Tapo App again to confirm.

4) Please check if the issue happened on local network or the mobile data also.

If the issue persists after all steps above, we will consult our engineer to confirm more info:

But unfortunatly these did not work.

Model: C320WS

Hardware Version: 2.0

Firmware Version 1.1.6

App version: 3.1.315

Paul

Options
Re:"Error. Please try again later" when trying to update detection areas-Solution
2023-12-04 08:11:47 - last edited 2023-12-04 08:11:57

@Peanut1983 @Jack324 @tore85 @Slaw 

Hi, 

We have done a test with the Tapo C320WS V2 with the latest firmware and reproduced the issue, and also confirmed that resetting the camera to factory default settings and then reconfiguring it will solve the issue.
Please refer to "Method 2: Remove the camera via the Tapo App" in the link below to ensure the camera is reset successfully, then reconfigure it for a try.
How to reset my Tapo camera?

Please let me know if the problem persists, and I'll escalate the case to the tech team for further analysis.

Best Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-04 12:03:05

@Solla-topee 

Hi there

I have tried method 2 to reset the camera, and I'm pleased to say it worked. I can now set a activity zone .

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Paul 

Options
2023-12-04 12:31:03

@Peanut1983 Glad to hear that resetting the camera and reconfiguring it will solve this issue. smiley

Options