Tapo C110 won't connect to wifi!

2023-12-01 11:08:30 - last edited 2023-12-05 22:05:45
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: no idea

The camera worked fine for about 8 months, but in the last few weeks it has started to disconnect randomly and now it won't connect at all!

1. When I plug the power into the camera, it initializes itself normally and then the LED flashes green/red.

2. I start the configuration process in the app and all is fine until the camera tries to connect to my wifi network - it fails every time.

3. The wifi is standard 2.4 GHz, WPA2 with Channel 1.

4. Wifi password is ok, it's 100%.

5. I tried another wifi (hotspot), but the result is the same.

6. I tried to reset the device - no changes.

What could be the problem??

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C110 won't connect to wifi!-Solution
2023-12-05 10:09:34 - last edited 2023-12-05 22:05:45

@George_Cs 

Hi, 

Thank you for the updates.
I suspect the problem may be that the Tapo C110 has updated the latest firmware, but your Tapo app version is not yet the latest (v3.1.315), so the configuration using the old app on the phone is unsuccessful. 
It is recommended that you upgrade the Tapo app version on your phone, or use a different phone to download and install the latest app, then try to configure the Tapo C110.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo C110 won't connect to wifi!
2023-12-04 09:02:44

@George_Cs 

Hi,
Please check if your wireless name and password include special characters, such as @, #, %, &, etc. If so, remove them for a try.

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. Remove the Tapo C110 from the Tapo app if it shows offline on the Tapo app, then try again to reset it and reconfigure it.
How to reset my Tapo camera?

2. What's the model number and OS version of your phone? What's the version of the Tapo app installed on your phone?
Please try to use a different phone to configure the camera if possible.

Best Regards.

Options
2023-12-04 10:18:40

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

meanwhile I tried the cam on another network too, where I have connected already four Tapo C200 and using these without problem, but the C110 can't connect to it.

Wifi name and password is ok - no special characters just letters and number.

1. Remove, reset, reconfigure: I tried it (many times) of course.

2. As I mentioned, I'm using also four C200 cams which are monitored with my (android 11) phone and tapo app (v2.14.205) without any problem. The same config worked fine earlier with my C110 too.

I'm afraid I can't get another phone for the test, but I doubt that it would be the solution...

What if the config data in the camera is damaged and the incorrect values won't reset neither with power cycle nor reset button? Is this possible?

Regards,

George_Cs

Options
Re:Tapo C110 won't connect to wifi!-Solution
2023-12-05 10:09:34 - last edited 2023-12-05 22:05:45

@George_Cs 

Hi, 

Thank you for the updates.
I suspect the problem may be that the Tapo C110 has updated the latest firmware, but your Tapo app version is not yet the latest (v3.1.315), so the configuration using the old app on the phone is unsuccessful. 
It is recommended that you upgrade the Tapo app version on your phone, or use a different phone to download and install the latest app, then try to configure the Tapo C110.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-05 22:03:40

@Solla-topee 

Well, I fished out an old tablet and installed the new tapo app to it, then tried the whole config process again, and now I've managed to connect to the network!
But at the last step ("pairing the smart device") the process stopped with "pairing failed" message.
I went back to the Home screen and saw that there was the new cam with offline status. After a short while it switched to online, so I was able to finish the camera settings, and now the camera is working again!

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

George_Cs

Options
2023-12-06 05:54:26

@George_Cs 

Hi,
Glad to hear that the problem is solved now, and you can enjoy the camera.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 5

Related Articles