Homeshield Parental control

2023-12-02 22:22:31 - last edited 2023-12-02 22:30:53
Model: Archer AX95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20230620 rel.40495(4555)

@Sunshine  I was adviced by support to buy a new router when my Homecare parental controls on my Archer C3150 stopped working and the last firmware ruined my wifi connections. Then I bought a new AX95 yesterday and:

On my kids profile on Homeshield it does not stop apps - for example FaceBook, TikTok - even if websites are blocked - It just blocks random others - like Microsoft dot com, Lego dot com and so on.

I had to whitelist them in the Homeshield profile. (I have a loooong list on screenshot) The profile is set wit no  Adu.. content, Gambl..., pay to surf, games and I have tried to block websites without any luck.
The devices in the profile has been setup by two different mac adresses in the profile - and there is no random mac adress on the hardware.

Next is that it does not work with bedtime - 09:30 PM today (21:30) and the kid was still online with the registred mac addresses.
Tried to block it by the profile - no success - still online.
Had to block it in the  Clients section to get it offline.
The time and date settings are correct - both on router and in the Tether app which is the latest version 4.3.7

Did i buy the wrong brand - or product - or is it fixable?
Maybe there will be a working firmware for either C3150 - or AX95 very soon?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Homeshield Parental control
2023-12-04 10:35:49

@Rilla 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback. 
1. You mean App blocking doesm't work, website blocking works for some websites only, and bedtime doesn't work at all, right?
2. Devices in the profile have two MAC address while random MAC address is disabled on the device, may I know if the random MAC address was enabled before and then you disabled it? If so, it is possible that one of the MAC address was virtual mac address used before disabling random MAC.
3. Please check if you enabled IPv6 on the router, homeshield parental control feature cannot block IPv6 comnection
4. Disable VPN on the controlled device if there is one
5. If problem still exists, please let us know what you want to achieve through the parental control and share with us your parental control setings page, the moel and OS of the devices in the profile.

Options
2023-12-04 11:07:09

@Sunshine 

*1* Yes. App blocking doesn't work (non existing on AX95) and bedtime does not work.

*2* The mac adress has not been random on any of the devices.

*3* There is no IPv6 on the router

*4* There is no VPN on any devices
*5* The device's is with Windows 10 and 11, plus Android 13 and 14 - all updated to the last. The cellphone are Samsung S22, laptop Asus and Lenovo

It seems that the router is really confused regarding a lot of clients ID's - sometimes recognizing - sometimes not. From Tether v4.3.7 the 5Ghz clients sometimes disappear with an error - "failed to get client information" and sometimes withot the error. (Just wired and 2.4Ghz clients visible)
When that's happening - there are wifi clients mixed inbetween the wired and so on.

Options
2023-12-06 07:47:46

@Rilla 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2023-12-14 22:34:49

@Sunshine Thanx a lot.
I have got mail and I really hope that they will manage to fix it. So far I have written answers to mails without getting any further than before - neither for the AX95 or the C3150

Sunshine wrote

@Rilla 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2023-12-15 01:40:38

@Rilla 

This is noted, and I've already reminded the engineer to reply as soon as possible.

Options
2023-12-15 14:35:28

Sunshine wrote

@Rilla 

This is noted, and I've already reminded the engineer to reply as soon as possible.

@Sunshine 

Nice :-)

I have until next week, the 21.12.2023 before i return the AX95 and get my money back. Then I need a new router.
Can you tell me if the Archer AX6000 works 100% correct with TP-Link HomeCare with the latest firmware or will I go down the drain again?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 6

Related Articles