Issues saving node preferences

2024-01-16 21:25:43
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20230807 Rel.65977

Hi Folks,

Today I extended my network (I first was running with 4x Deco X50) with two Deco X90. According to installation I had to make the best Deco node as Primary Node (connected with WAN)

I transferred the data of the X50 node that was first primary. This all went well. So my network exist now of two X90 and four X50 nodes. But now i ran into a issue that I have no control anymore regarding preferences. If I change to which node another node should be connected I get the message "Saving of the information failed, try again later"( sorry translated from Dutch) I want to activate or de-activate MESH I get the same message, or if I want a device explicit connect to certain node I get the message "Saving of the information failed, try again later" this keeps showing up with every preference I want to save.

Does anyone have a solution? Is this a software bug, when I only used the X50 this was no issue, did the X90 create the issue? can't they communicate or use the same preferences? Hopefully you can help me out, because I am about to bring them back to the store.

Thanks in advance,

Mark J 

The Netherlands.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Issues saving node preferences
2024-01-17 03:07:26

@MarkJ020 

Hi, I saw a similar feedback about Deco X50-1.4.1 with another Deco that supports connection preference. I think it might be related to the 1.4.1 firmware of Deco X50.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

By the way, " I want to activate or de-activate MESH I get the same message", do you mean the "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP>client settings?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-01-17 05:48:09

Screenshot of mesh function  @David-TP please see screenshot what I mean the strange thing is, before adding the two X90 I had no issues at all, everything worked fine, but it started when added the two X90, does the X90 not support this anymore?

Options
2024-01-17 07:24:15

Current Firmware  @David-TP this is my current firmware

Options
2024-01-17 08:40:28

@MarkJ020 

Hi, Thank you for the pictures.

Deco X90-V1-1.2.4 still supports these two features. 

I couldn't explain what happened either and would like to forward your case to the engineers for further assistance.

Please check the email for more suggestions later.

Best regards.

Options
2024-01-17 11:27:19

@David-TP I already submitted the Deco app log is it not visible?

Thanks, Mark

Options
2024-01-17 23:50:19 - last edited 2024-01-17 23:51:59

@David-TP today I also had contact with the Dutch Supportdesk  of TP-Link, they didn't understand it too, so they advised me to take the two X90 nodes out and change the Head node back to X50 and see what would happen, the outcome was surprising The issue did not occure anymore, I had full control on preferences and could save everything. I even got certain options back, which weren't visible when the head node was a X90. So the problem is or was the X90, probably X50 options are not compatible with the X90. 

I now will return them to the store and get me another X50 tri-pack to add to my network.

but I am still interested in the outcome of the investigation of the engineers, what created the issue.

hope to hear from you.

Options
2024-01-18 01:07:54

@MarkJ020 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I saw you submit an APP feedback and the feedback did not include the APP log.

I am also very curious about what might be the root cause of this issue.

Best regards.

Options
2024-01-18 06:01:30

@David-TP how do you create an app log, does that happen automically when i submit and follow your send manual?

Options
2024-01-18 07:51:00

@MarkJ020 

Hi, You need to manually tick"Add system logs " when submitting the APP feedback. It is unchecked by default.

Best regards.

Options