Firmware not updating

Firmware not updating

Firmware not updating
Firmware not updating
2024-02-05 17:57:03 - last edited 2024-02-07 06:19:59
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.15

Firmware issues appears to be a problematic area for Tapo given the number of posts on this community. Surely this must be a concern for the Tapo team to give high priority in getting this resolved - it is very frustrating for us as users of the product.

Again I have issues with Firmware 1.2.16 is available for my seven Tapo CS 420 cameras, but when I select to have it updated three update appears to be applied.

However when checking afterwards the app shows that a new update is available, being 1.2.16

Apart from having to reset the cameras again!!! what can I do to make the update go through?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Firmware not updating-Solution
2024-02-06 08:08:05 - last edited 2024-02-07 06:19:59

@PvdWalt 

Hi,
You can try the following steps to troubleshoot the firmware update issue.
1. Please go to the camera's Device Settings>Battery Status>Solar Panel page to turn off this feature, and then check if you can update the firmware successfully.

2. If not, try to turn off your hub and the cameras, wait for two minutes, and turn them back on. 
Or you can reboot the hub and the cameras via the Tapo app if it's hard to reach them.

3. Move the camera closer to the hub if possible, and ensure the hub has a stable connection from the router.

4. Try to update the firmware again and check if you can update the firmware successfully.
How to update the firmware of the Tapo&Kasa devices on the Tapo App? 

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Firmware not updating-Solution
2024-02-06 08:08:05 - last edited 2024-02-07 06:19:59

@PvdWalt 

Hi,
You can try the following steps to troubleshoot the firmware update issue.
1. Please go to the camera's Device Settings>Battery Status>Solar Panel page to turn off this feature, and then check if you can update the firmware successfully.

2. If not, try to turn off your hub and the cameras, wait for two minutes, and turn them back on. 
Or you can reboot the hub and the cameras via the Tapo app if it's hard to reach them.

3. Move the camera closer to the hub if possible, and ensure the hub has a stable connection from the router.

4. Try to update the firmware again and check if you can update the firmware successfully.
How to update the firmware of the Tapo&Kasa devices on the Tapo App? 

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Firmware not updating
2024-02-06 13:30:47

@Solla-topee - the first option resolved the issue of the Firmware upgrade - i.e. turn solar panel off - do upgrade - turn solar panel on.

However, it also created a new issue in that it no longer seems to recognize the solar panel charging!!!

I'll log a new issue related to the upgrade.

Options
Re:Firmware not updating
2024-02-07 06:19:27

@PvdWalt 

Hi,
I see your new thread "Solar panel no longer recognised after upgrading to Firmware 1.2.16" and replied to it, you can check if it helps.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 239

Replies: 3

Related Articles