Yet another Deco XE75 with a faulty port number 1; no internet.

2024-02-14 02:00:32
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.9 Build 20231222 Rel. 77579

Yet another Deco XE75 v1 mesh WiFi system with a faulty port number 1. I woke to no internet this morning, and my 5-month-old system has failed. To regain temporary access to internet again, I’ve moved the main connection to port 2, providing internet to the household again.

What is more incomprehensible, is TP Link is potentially and knowingly selling a product with a hardware fault. TP Link’s own rep David has made such comments on the community support pages and is potentially an issue across broader models than consumers think. Especially in Australia, this could be a breach of consumer law.

I have also read that replacement warranty units are also prematurely failing as well.

What are people doing in this situation, are you obtaining a refund and purchasing another brand mesh unit, or another TP Link model, or, have people had success with their replacement units?

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Yet another Deco XE75 with a faulty port number 1; no internet.
2024-02-18 04:01:14

@ToneAU 

Hi, Thank you for your valuable feedback.

If you happen to experience the same issue, please feel free to contact the local technical support. After the basic troubleshooting, they would help you replace the unit or upgrade to another suitable model.

I would like to clarify that we do not knowingly sell products with hardware faults. Based on the previous feedback, the reported cases all mentioned the unit had been purchased for about half a year. The affected patch of products has already been upgraded. However, due to regional variations and multiple retailers, we cannot guarantee that all Deco XE75_V1 units have been updated to the latest model. But if you have a similar issue, we'd like to provide further assistance as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding. Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 132

Replies: 1

Related Articles