IoT - hubs connected through ethernet port, missing IoT isolation posibility.

2024-02-18 22:18:11 - last edited 2024-02-20 09:26:53
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.04 Build 20231211 Rel. 70549

I Just switched to this router using 2x BE65 and an outdoor X50.

I have all my IoT units connected on the Wifi IoT with no issues, however i also have two hubs.

An SmartThings Hub connected on IoT wifi, and a Phillips Hue Hub connected using Ethernet cable (Wifi not possible)

All IoT units are isolated, however due to not being able to add the Hue Hub/bridge to IoT, there is not communication to the SmartThings hub.

Only solution is to have the SMartThings hub "not" isolated.

Is there a solution to this, to secure the local network from the IoT devices connected on Ethernet ports?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IoT - hubs connected through ethernet port, missing IoT isolation posibility.-Solution
2024-02-20 01:11:49 - last edited 2024-02-20 09:26:53

@NarkoKrig 

Hi, maybe you could check the device settings of Phillips Hue Bridge on the Deco APP.

This is a laptop that is connected to the Deco via an Ethernet cable. I could enable "Device Isolation" for it:

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:IoT - hubs connected through ethernet port, missing IoT isolation posibility.
2024-02-19 07:54:41

@NarkoKrig 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

The IOT network is not isolated from the main network. So the cable-connected Phillips Hue Hub should be able to communicate with the smart devices on the IOT network.

Here "All IoT units are isolated", do you mean that you have enabled "Device Isolation" for the smart devices?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:IoT - hubs connected through ethernet port, missing IoT isolation posibility.
2024-02-19 21:27:21 - last edited 2024-02-20 09:27:06

@David-TP 

Hi David

Yes i have enabled device isolation, on IoT connected devices. But as to my knowledge it's not possible to do this with a cabled unit (Like my Phillips Hue Bridge)

If i'm no able to isolate this unit as i understand it cannot communicate with the remaining isolated IoT devices.

Thanks for the reply, and assistance :)

/Nicolas

Options
Re:IoT - hubs connected through ethernet port, missing IoT isolation posibility.-Solution
2024-02-20 01:11:49 - last edited 2024-02-20 09:26:53

@NarkoKrig 

Hi, maybe you could check the device settings of Phillips Hue Bridge on the Deco APP.

This is a laptop that is connected to the Deco via an Ethernet cable. I could enable "Device Isolation" for it:

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-20 09:26:48

@David-TP 

Hi David.

Thank you for the quick response.

For some reason it was simply not showing on the list, i disconnected the hub an it popped right up with its MAC address :)

Problem solved, IOT devices isolated including cabled ones.

Thanks alot.

/Nicolas

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 167

Replies: 4

Related Articles