Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.1 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port

Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.1 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port

194 Reply
Re:Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.1 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port
2024-06-11 12:16:03

Billmanakos wrote

@Ulbi same problem like mine, after upgrading with the latest firmware , deco app started to lose devices connected and no new devices allowed . Latest firmware update , Router Mode, Deco App version 3.7.55. Currently i've switched to Access point mode because of this problem.

@Billmanakos Thank you very much for the follow-up.

Can I confirm who is your ISP? Is there a modem router or hub in front of the main Deco X50?

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. Please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.1 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port
2024-06-11 12:24:24

Ulbi wrote

@Billmanakos I had that yesterday at times that the router did not allow any new devices. But it worked again after 15-30 minutes.

@Ulbi I'll escalate it to our support engineer as well to look into the issue.

BTW, can I also know who is your ISP? Is there a modem router or hub in front of the main Deco X50? Thanks!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-11 12:43:33
Vodafone FTTH Greece with VLAN ID 835 /PPPoE There is a TPLINK unmanaged Switch in front of the Deco X50 that passes VLAN 835 ( data) and VLAN 837 (VOIP). The 835 VLAN is used on the Deco X50 Router mode and the 837 VLAN on a VOIP Gateway. In front of the switch there is only the ONT from Nokia that converts Fiber to Ethernet. When the problem occurred internal devices had problem connecting to the internet but the X50 Router was connected and accessible ( Deco App could access the Deco X50 using Cellular network or external Wifi networks).
Options
2024-06-11 14:26:24 - last edited 2024-06-11 14:26:46

@Pixie80 Was the wireless channel displaying correctly before you upgraded the X50 firmware to this 1.5.1 version?

@Kevin_Z Yes, the right channels were well displayed before.

Options
2024-06-11 20:21:26

@David-TP Hi! This upgrade just ruined my deco x50 setup, so i was pushed to start from the scratch by resetting all my decos(6!) Now the system somehow is working but all my 70+ clients are showing offline all the time ( after complete reboot system is OK for about one hour, then all 5ghz, 2.4ghz and IOT devices are moved to offline list. And it become a nightmare to enter 2.4 ghz ( both guest and iot network) from iphone or ipad to add any new/ restart client

File:
IMG_0385.pngDownload
Options
2024-06-11 23:08:26

@David-TP 

The speed limit doesn't work as intented :

if I open youtube and start a video, it will bypass the speed limit and go above. It will also let the device go randomly above. 

Options
2024-06-12 03:02:30

Billmanakos wrote

Vodafone FTTH Greece with VLAN ID 835 /PPPoE There is a TPLINK unmanaged Switch in front of the Deco X50 that passes VLAN 835 ( data) and VLAN 837 (VOIP). The 835 VLAN is used on the Deco X50 Router mode and the 837 VLAN on a VOIP Gateway. In front of the switch there is only the ONT from Nokia that converts Fiber to Ethernet. When the problem occurred internal devices had problem connecting to the internet but the X50 Router was connected and accessible ( Deco App could access the Deco X50 using Cellular network or external Wifi networks).

@Billmanakos Thank you very much again for all the details about the network settings and layout.

Please keep in touch with our engineers via email and they will be glad to investigate this further.

Options
2024-06-12 03:04:20

Pixie80 wrote

@Pixie80 Was the wireless channel displaying correctly before you upgraded the X50 firmware to this 1.5.1 version?

@Kevin_Z Yes, the right channels were well displayed before.

@Pixie80 

Can you please also follow this guide and send us the app log via the Deco app for further analysis? Please show me the ticket ID number after you submit the email.

Thank you very much.

Options
2024-06-12 03:15:09

nixuspix wrote

@David-TP Hi! This upgrade just ruined my deco x50 setup, so i was pushed to start from the scratch by resetting all my decos(6!) Now the system somehow is working but all my 70+ clients are showing offline all the time ( after complete reboot system is OK for about one hour, then all 5ghz, 2.4ghz and IOT devices are moved to offline list. And it become a nightmare to enter 2.4 ghz ( both guest and iot network) from iphone or ipad to add any new/ restart client

@nixuspix 

Can you please also follow this guide and send us the app log via the Deco app for further analysis? Please show me the ticket ID number after you submit the email.

Regarding the 2.4G wireless connection, how about other devices, are they connected to the 2.4G network flawlessly, or they are also having a hard time connecting just like the iPhone and iPad? Can I also have the iOS version on the iPhone and iPad? Thank you so much.

Options
2024-06-12 03:49:11

Zelsko wrote

@David-TP 

The speed limit doesn't work as intented :

if I open youtube and start a video, it will bypass the speed limit and go above. It will also let the device go randomly above. 

@Zelsko Do you configure QoS settings on the Deco App? If yes, please show us the details of the setting. Thank you.

Is this DESKTOP-GNH100M running on Windows 11? Please check if you've enabled Private MAC Address, try deactivating it then confirm if the Speed Limit will work as expected. How to deactivate Private MAC address, please follow this guide from Microsoft.

Options