Awful sound quality

Awful sound quality

Awful sound quality
Awful sound quality
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

I found an old post from 2022-03-01 17:00:20 with the same subject as a user who has the same problem as me.
When I activate the camera and someone is talking it is unintelligible what they are saying.
The camera is connected to a very fast wifi, so it is not a bandwidth problem, the same problem I have with SD recordings.
I have never been able to test two-way calling, but it should not change much.
The audio is completely unusable, it just doesn't make sense to be there for the quality it has. I have never been able to understand a single word of what the other party is saying.
It works very well for motion detection, I've always been able to see everything, but it seems incredible to me that you can't understand a single word.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Awful sound quality-Solution

@capofalcone 

Hi,
If the audio from the camera sounds muffled or unclear, or the volume is too low, you may try the following troubleshooting suggestions:
1. Make sure that there are no obstructions covering the microphone and speaker openings on the camera.
2. Ensure that the camera is positioned to allow clear and unobstructed sound reception. Avoid placing it in enclosed spaces or near surfaces that may reflect sound.
3. Test the audio with your mobile device positioned away from the camera, preferably in a different room. Proximity between the phone and camera during a voice call can cause audio feedback.
4. Tap the Call icon on the Live View page and then tap the icon at the right upper corner of the Voice Call page, ensure the camera's speaker and microphone are set to the highest value.

If the above tips are not working, can you send me a video that shows your sound problem for further analysis?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Awful sound quality
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

its noise reduction settings. imho - same as c220: https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/648234

Options
3 weeks ago

@STN The problem is that there is no setting!
I don't want any noise reduction, I want the original sound as it comes from the camera. I will decide whether I want to filter out noise or not.
For me it is of paramount importance to be able to hear even a background noise to see if there is a problem, it is unbelievable that it is not written anywhere that this filtering is done. It is in my opinion very serious that a surveillance product filters noises and doesn't let you hear them, this could cause very serious problems!
How do I disable noise suppression?

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@capofalcone 

Hello, noise suppression model of tapo is real pain. I request you to kindly mail support.in@tp-link.com, tapo engineers might develop a beta fw to reduce noise cancellation level. 

C220 users also facing similar issues. Heavy noise cancellation muffling the conversation making it impossible to hear out people & vehicles.

Pari
Options
3 weeks ago

@SillyPari I sent an email. in the meantime it would be helpful to have firmware that eliminates noise reduction, I need to hear what is happening in that room!

Options
Re:Awful sound quality-Solution

@capofalcone 

Hi,
If the audio from the camera sounds muffled or unclear, or the volume is too low, you may try the following troubleshooting suggestions:
1. Make sure that there are no obstructions covering the microphone and speaker openings on the camera.
2. Ensure that the camera is positioned to allow clear and unobstructed sound reception. Avoid placing it in enclosed spaces or near surfaces that may reflect sound.
3. Test the audio with your mobile device positioned away from the camera, preferably in a different room. Proximity between the phone and camera during a voice call can cause audio feedback.
4. Tap the Call icon on the Live View page and then tap the icon at the right upper corner of the Voice Call page, ensure the camera's speaker and microphone are set to the highest value.

If the above tips are not working, can you send me a video that shows your sound problem for further analysis?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee the room is in the living room of a house on top of a piece of furniture. it is not obstructed by anything. the issue is very simple, there is some noise reduction algorithm that prevents you from hearing what is happening. i want to receive all the audio without any noise reduction, also because i want to hear every single noise because i need it to monitor the house from a distance!
it is unacceptable for a surveillance camera to eliminate noise without the user being aware of it and having the ability to disable the function.
so please give me the option to disable any noise reduction function.
at the moment I cannot do the tests you ask for because the camera is 4,000km away, but I assure you that it is placed in a spot where you can hear anything perfectly.
I await your kind feedback.
marco

Options
3 weeks ago

@capofalcone 

Hi,

I have reported the case to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 202

Replies: 7

Related Articles