Wifi instability when watching LG smart TV

2024-05-15 15:06:09 - last edited 2024-05-15 15:17:10
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20240119

Hello,

Since the last 3 days, I've been experiencing problems with some specific devices connected to our Deco wifi network: Some devices suddenly lose the wifi connection and then it comes back after a while. I've tried several things (finetuning the settings, locking some devices to 2.4 or 5GH etc...) but nothing's working.

And I noticed that it was only happening when we were watching our LG smart TV (only connected to On-demand or Box TV): we turn on the TV and couple minutes later, some devices lose connexion, we switch off the TV, devices reconnects! That's strange, but that cannot be just a simple coincidence.

Have you experienced anything similar? If you have ideas...

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi instability when watching LG smart TV
2024-05-16 07:32:44

@MaxR1976 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue in a short time?

May I know the model number of the devices that would drop out when watching the On-demand TV channels on the LG TV?

Is the LG TV box connected to Deco via an Ethernet cable?

By the way, may I know who is your internet service provider? Did it also offer the On Demand TV service?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Wifi instability when watching LG smart TV
2024-05-16 08:02:36

@David-TP 

Thanks for your reply.

Yesterday evening, I did some tests to confirm and the test were conclusive (unfortunately):

• With the TV on:
    • and connected to the Deco Wifi network (watching Netflix and Prime with the applications installed directly on the TV),
    • or TV connected to the native Wifi signal of the box of the Internet service provider (to try to eliminate if the trouble could come from the Deco Wifi),
    • and even when using the Fire Stick TV (stick connected to the Deco Wifi),

=> After 3 to 5 minutes, the other devices are starting to disconnect.

Then, when the TV is turned off, the impacted devices connect again after 3 to 5 minutes.

The only time there's no disconnection, this is when we watch TV using the TV box from the internet service provider, connected with LAN cable to a Deco satellite.

The devices impacted by the disconnection are:

• Netatmo Presence (Outdoor surveillance camera);
  • Netatmo weather station (indoor and outdoor);
  • Somfy Home Alarm (alarm system - indoor and outdoor camera and the "Link", the device that connects all Somfy Home Alarm components together and to the network);
  • Sensibo Sky (wifi controlers for AC unit);
  • Wifi connected smart plugs (to control lights etc.);

All the other clients (smartphones, Galaxy tablets, iPad, Sonos speakers, computers, Switch and Xbox) are not affected.

Our internet service provider is SFR (with a fiber connection).

Thanks. Sincerely.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 141

Replies: 2

Related Articles