Rejected request under RE mode - AX53 V2 Satellite Mode on Easymesh

2024-07-01 10:27:15 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:34:29
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 P1

I have recently purchased 3 TP Link devices, AXE75 & AX53 V2 routers and an RE815XE range extender.

I have setup the mesh network successfully with AXE75 as the main router and the wifi network is working seamlessly.

The issue I faced was that the other two devices were assigned dynamic IP addresses during setup which is not suited to my requirements.

I could overcome this on the RE815XE by logging in to the web management interface and assigning a static IP but when I tried the same on the AX53, I received an error message "Rejected request under RE mode".

Resetting the router, upgrading the firmware, and rejoining the mesh network did not help.

I also tried assigning a static IP before adding to the mesh but the problem persisted; the router's kept being assigned a dynamic address and access to the web management interface's still blocked with the same error message.

I am adding this as a feature request, i.e. the ability to access the web management interface of the AX53 V2 running in satellite mode and joining a mesh network.

Looking forward for your prompt response and hopefully the issue will be solved soon.

Regards,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Rejected request under RE mode - AX53 V2 Satellite Mode on Easymesh-Solution
2024-07-01 12:48:19 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:34:07

@omarhij78 

Hi,

What you are seeing is normal.

Currently it is not possible to log into TP-Link routers that are acting as EasyMesh Satellites.
The only exception is the Archer AX55 V1 with the latest firmware version. If and when other router models will follow is not known yet.

If you need your AX53 Satellite routers to have a certain IP address, then you need to do this via the "Address Reservation" feature of the "Main" router (the AXE75 in your case).

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Rejected request under RE mode - AX53 V2 Satellite Mode on Easymesh-Solution
2024-07-01 12:48:19 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:34:07

@omarhij78 

Hi,

What you are seeing is normal.

Currently it is not possible to log into TP-Link routers that are acting as EasyMesh Satellites.
The only exception is the Archer AX55 V1 with the latest firmware version. If and when other router models will follow is not known yet.

If you need your AX53 Satellite routers to have a certain IP address, then you need to do this via the "Address Reservation" feature of the "Main" router (the AXE75 in your case).

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Rejected request under RE mode - AX53 V2 Satellite Mode on Easymesh
2024-07-03 03:58:41

@woozle 

Thanks for the reply.

The address reservation worked for me but I still have the need to access and maintain my device.

Hopefully, the AX53 will receive this feature in the upcoming firmware update.

Options
2024-08-06 14:36:50

@woozle 

Hi, I followed this thread as confronted with the same problem. Further questions:

If this is meant to be 'normal', then why the FAQ states this differently here? 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3905/ 'How to log in to the Web Interface of an EasyMesh Satellite Router'

Thanks

krv

Options
2024-08-06 17:16:55

@krv 

Hi,

I don't know why this is always hidden be default, but if you click on that v to the right of "This Article Applies to:", then the webpage will reveal to which products the information actually applies.

But there is hope that future firmware updates might bring this to other router models as well.

Options
2024-08-07 16:00:20

Hi  @woozle 

Does this mean we cannot manage our satelitte devices?

Like scheduling a recurrent reboot, or disable the LEDs

Thanks,

Florent

Options
2024-08-10 13:31:49

@Flo47 

Hi,

Some settings are synchronized between the main EasyMesh router and the satellite router(s). 

According to my own tests, the reboot schedule is not mirrored to the satellite router, but the LED settings are. (but of course this means it's all or none, as one cannot have the bedroom EasyMesh router to switch off the LEDs while the LEDs of the EasyMesh routers in other rooms stay on)

It would actually be useful if TP-Link published a list of all the settings that are synchronized between the all TP-Link routers within an EasyMesh network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 840

Replies: 6

Related Articles