BE800 has issues with unstable wireless and wired WAN 10G/SFP and LAN 10G connections dropping...

BE800 has issues with unstable wireless and wired WAN 10G/SFP and LAN 10G connections dropping...

2024-07-22 04:36:19 - last edited 2024-07-23 07:10:20
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20240528

Hello, my BE800 has issues with unstable wireless and wired WAN 10G/SFP and LAN 10G connections dropping.
Is there a latest BETA firmware available for update?

Since purchasing this BE800, there have been persistent issues. Every firmware version released by you has been updated, but the following problems remain:

For the wireless network, adjusting the signal seems ineffective and significantly deviates from your official website's description.

I hope users can adjust signal power (using numerical ratios rather than small, medium, large options) and increase the adjustable power to the country's maximum (this BE800 version is US1.0 imported from the United States). Also, please allow for country selection adjustment.

The wired network has compatibility issues.

1.Whenever using WAN 10G RJ45 to connect to the modem (ISP is Chunghwa Telecom and using PPPOE dial-up),

there is a high probability of disconnection or failure to connect, or connection with no network at all.

It is necessary to place a SWITCH in between to use it normally.

The 10G LAN RJ45 frequently disconnects when connected to a 10G network card (Intel X550-T2 network card),
but the Intel X550-T2 only disconnects when connected to BE800; it remains stable when connected to SWITCH or other 10G routers."

Options
5 Reply
Re:BE800 has issues with unstable wireless and wired WAN 10G/SFP and LAN 10G connections dropping...
2024-07-23 07:06:46

@GX4499 Thank you very much for posting in the community.

Can I know the model of the Chunghwa Telecom modem? What is the switch model you're using to connect the BE800 and the Chunghwa Telecom modem?

I would like to escalate your case to our support engineers so that they can investigate the issue further. Please check your registered email box for a follow-up.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:BE800 has issues with unstable wireless and wired WAN 10G/SFP and LAN 10G connections dropping...
2024-07-23 10:22:58

@Kevin_Z 
They provided the model DASAN H660WM, but I purchased two different modems myself (Huawei HS8546X6 and Alcatel Lucent G-140W-C) to test, and still encountered the above-mentioned issues. 
Switch model:NETGEAR GS324

Options
2024-07-25 05:55:52

@GX4499 Thank you very much for getting back with all the details.

We've sent you a beta software via email, did you receive it? Or you may download the beta firmware from this thread below and install it on your BE800, then monitor if the issue will be fixed:

Improve the Overall System Stability of Archer BE550/BE800

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-26 09:37:02

@Kevin_Z 
Updating to this firmware version still doesn't solve the problem!

Can the wireless signal power of the BE800 be increased? I feel like this product is a high-end offering from your company, but the wireless signal power is lower compared to mid-range and even lower-end products from other brands...

Options
2024-07-26 10:39:23

@GX4499 Sorry to hear that the beta firmware doesn't help solve the issue or improve the overall performance.

To this point, I may run out of suggestions. I will escalate your case to our support engineers for further investigation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 238

Replies: 5

Related Articles