Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

45 Reply
Re:Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations
2024-07-31 17:09:00

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I updated to try to solve the multiple problems of the A6 V4 in Access Point mode:
- the LAN ports are disabled
- it is not possible to deactivate the DHCP server 
- the web interface is no longer accessible
- it is not possible to access the configuration even from the app
- wifi keeps dropping, unusable

exactly the same problems I had before the update

Considering that these are devices straight out of the box, and the same problem occurs on all three, I think it's a bigger problem, is there a solution or should I proceed with a return?
Options
Re:Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations
2024-08-05 01:42:13

@Kevin_Z hi! Will it be available for lower rev. version? I have c80 with 1.0 model board, but i really like VPN implementations 

Also there was talk about "Ethernet check ping" what the point of this function if it's not work correctly? 

My firmware version is 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.74702n(5255) 

Due to electricity problems in my home i have regular (probably 1 or 2 times per month) Ethernet restarts 

And EVERY time Archer can't connect to ethernet in auto-mode, every time it waits while i come back home from work and send it to reboot manually, and only after that i got back to live 

So... yes. Why do we need ping service if it doesn't work correctly? 

Options
2024-08-05 20:22:52 - last edited 2024-08-05 20:31:19

@Kevin_Z 

Hi.

I have the Archer C80 2.20 with the latest Firmware Version:
1.14.0 Build 240617.
Since it was updated to this latest firmware, in the Client List Management section, the Real-time Rate is updated every 30 seconds.
With the previous firmware (1.13.2 Build 230824) it was updated every 2 seconds which made it easier to see the bandwidth consumption of my devices.
Could you please fix this delay in updating the Real-time Rate of the bandwidth consumption of the devices connected to my Archer C80?
This is detrimental to me because when the measurement is updated every 30 seconds you cannot clearly see which device is consuming bandwidth correctly.
If it is updated as before every 2 seconds you could see the consumption of the devices in real time and it helped to see which devices were consuming a lot of bandwidth and detect problems and solve them.
This happens with a PC with Windows 10 and Chrome or Firefox.
Regards.

Options
2024-08-07 11:51:36

Amatsukine wrote

@Kevin_Z hi! Will it be available for lower rev. version? I have c80 with 1.0 model board, but i really like VPN implementations 

Also there was talk about "Ethernet check ping" what the point of this function if it's not work correctly? 

My firmware version is 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.74702n(5255) 

Due to electricity problems in my home i have regular (probably 1 or 2 times per month) Ethernet restarts 

And EVERY time Archer can't connect to ethernet in auto-mode, every time it waits while i come back home from work and send it to reboot manually, and only after that i got back to live 

So... yes. Why do we need ping service if it doesn't work correctly? 

@Amatsukine The provided pre-release firmware is available for the V2/V2.6 version. It's not suitable for the V1 version.

Can you please point out or show me a screenshot of the "Ethernet check ping" setting on the C80 web GUI? I will check how it works.

Who is your internet provider and what kind of WAN connection type on the C80? When there was a power outage in your home and was restored, how about the LED status on the C80 when it's not connecting to the internet?

Have you ever used the Reboot Schedule on the C80? Will it connect to the internet automatically after it reboots? Please give that a go and let me know the results, thank you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-07 11:58:08

MarcoBergonzi wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I updated to try to solve the multiple problems of the A6 V4 in Access Point mode:
- the LAN ports are disabled
- it is not possible to deactivate the DHCP server 
- the web interface is no longer accessible
- it is not possible to access the configuration even from the app
- wifi keeps dropping, unusable

exactly the same problems I had before the update

Considering that these are devices straight out of the box, and the same problem occurs on all three, I think it's a bigger problem, is there a solution or should I proceed with a return?

@MarcoBergonzi Are all three A6s working in AP mode and are they all having the same issue? Can you please show me the network layout in detail? I would like to know how they connect to the internet, and what are their IP addresses.

Please check again if you have successfully upgraded and installed the provided 1.14.0 version. You may check the firmware version on its web interface page. If you're still unable to login to its web page, please reset it to factory defaults first, then try again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-07 15:25:29

@Kevin_Z 

HI,

thanks for replying

- all three have the same problem
- network layout: Internet Router (10.120.44.15 DHCP SERVER) -> Tplink
- I have done multiple factory resets with always the same result

I just did a factory reset again, I'll summarize the steps and attach the screenshots:

- I connected my PC via LAN on port 1 and the router on the WAN port (file just after factory reset)
- the tplink releases address 192.168.x.x, I connect to the web interface, I do the quick setup without changing anything (file: network map, firmware)
- after switching to access point mode the LAN port is disabled (file: after switch to AP) and it is not possible to connect to WiFi
- you cannot access the web interface via LAN or even from the app (File: app)
- by disconnecting the WAN cable the LAN port becomes active again (file: Unplug WAN)
- the tplink releases addresses of the class of the network in which it should be inserted: 

Ethernet 4 Ethernet Card:

Connection-specific DNS suffix:
   Link-local IPv6 address. : fe80::15f8:f6c8:4fd8:9bff%2
   IPv4 address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.120.44.181
   Subnet mask . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.252.0
   Default gateway. . . . . . . . . : 10.120.44.158

releasing itself as a gateway

- in this way it is possible to connect to the web interface but it is not possible to deactivate DHCP (File: dhcp server)

In conclusion, the access point is unusable (the wifi does not connect and the LAN is disabled), it is not possible to access either the web interface or via the app
File:
after switch to AP.zipDownload
Options
2024-08-08 02:47:33

@MarcoBergonzi 

Thank you very much for your detailed information.

If you cannot log in or manage the Archer A6 anymore once changed it into AP Mode, it's suggested to try following the suggestions provided in the story below:

How to Login to Web Interface of TP-Link Router in Access Point Mode

Once connected to the host router, I believe the default IP address of the A6 has been changed to 10.120.44. subnet. It's no longer 192.168.x.x.

Options
2024-08-08 02:50:48

@Kevin_Z Hi.

I have the Archer C80 2.20 with the latest Firmware Version:
1.14.0 Build 240617.
Since it was updated to this latest firmware, in the Client List Management section, the Real-time Rate is updated every 30 seconds.
With the previous firmware (1.13.2 Build 230824) it was updated every 2 seconds which made it easier to see the bandwidth consumption of my devices.
Could you please fix this delay in updating the Real-time Rate of the bandwidth consumption of the devices connected to my Archer C80?
This is detrimental to me because when the measurement is updated every 25-30 seconds you cannot clearly see which device is consuming bandwidth correctly.
If it is updated as before every 2 seconds you could see the consumption of the devices in real time and it helped to see which devices were consuming a lot of bandwidth and detect problems and solve them.
This happens with a PC with Windows 10 and Chrome or Firefox.
Regards.

Options
2024-08-08 03:38:51

@Emmanuel29 

Sorry. I missed your post.

I've submitted the feedback to the engineering team and they will confirm soon if this Real-time Rate update frequency has been modified on the new 1.14.0 version.

Based on your observation, does the Real-time Rate display accurately for each client?

If you worry that some of the clients use too much bandwidth, it's suggested to set a speed limit for those clients on the C80 web page. You can follow this guide for setting details:

How do I limit the speeds of devices connected to my network?

Options
2024-08-09 17:01:43

@Kevin_Z Hi.

Thank you very much for your reply.
The measurement is accurate for each client.
What changed is that the update is done every 25 or 30 seconds.
So, since the measurement is no longer in real time, it is not possible to distinguish the consumption or bandwidth for each device.
With the previous firmware 1.13.2 Build 230824, since the update was every 2 seconds, the bandwidth used in real time for each connected device could be correctly seen.
Can this problem be fixed in a new firmware version?
Regards.

Options