Archer C7 and DECO X50
Archer C7 and DECO X50
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer C7   Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everybody,

I have some simple questions.

My private network is composed of a Archer C7 router (wifi disconnected except one band to use the appli tether) and 2 DECO X50, used as access point (mainly WIFI and 2 wired)

At this network, I have added two TLG 108E.(managed switches to get more ethernet port and materiels are located at two different points of my individual house)

The private network has more than 30 connected objets (iot) wifi and wired.

My questions are:

* is it better to let the archer C7 manage all the network as main router?

OR 

* use only the deco X50 as router (without and removing the archer C7) ?

in the cas of following using the router:

*Is the archer C7 powerfull enough to manage all the network or is it better to change it by a new and more powerful router (ax75? for example)

thanks for your help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C7 and DECO X50-Solution

@GGreco 

Follow these instructions.

If you still have an issue you may reset the Deco to its factory defaults and start from scratch.

Once reset the Deco would be in router mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C7 and DECO X50
3 weeks ago

@GGreco 

The way that you're using your two Deco X50s (in AP mode) and your Archer C7 as a main router, without using its wireless radio for client devices, you can simply remove Archer C7 and use your Deco X50 in router mode, benefiting from the Deco mesh and covering all your premises.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski 

Hi, 

thanks for your fast answer.

I have tried to do it yesterday in the evening (remove the archer from the ntework) but something goes wrong... deco X50 invisible.

Could you, please, give me or remind me, the right sequences to remove the router and change the deco X50 from AP mode to router mode? 

First, I imagine , i have to switch off the modem (bridge mode), then the router, and the deco and ....after that?

switch on the modem first, the deco X 50 (I suppose I have to get access with my mobile to the tplink deco apps and choose router mode ?

in my case the apps didnt discover the deco anymore - I am sure I did something bad

Thanks in advance dor your advise

Options
Re:Archer C7 and DECO X50-Solution

@GGreco 

Follow these instructions.

If you still have an issue you may reset the Deco to its factory defaults and start from scratch.

Once reset the Deco would be in router mode.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 weeks ago
Thanks All is working fine now Deco x50 works well in router mode 😎
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 128

Replies: 4

Related Articles