clients show as wired in app but are wireless so can't select different deco signal

clients show as wired in app but are wireless so can't select different deco signal

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X50   Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 Build 202400718 REL.44414 and 1.7.8 Build 20240719 REL. 70981

Newby Here with little mesh knowledge.

30+ clients on five Deco x50's and two M5's meshed wirelessly in AP Mode. Six clients show as wired to a Deco when only one actually is.

How to get the other five clients to show as wirelessly connected so I can select the Deco they should connect to?

Options
1 Reply
Re:clients show as wired in app but are wireless so can't select different deco signal
2 weeks ago

@GBHRPS 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have a picture of your current network topology, such as:

-Would there be any network switch used for Ethernet Backhaul?

-Can you also help me mark which Deco units these Mobile 5 clients are connected to?

Previously, I saw users mention a similar issue and it always happened when the connected Deco is on Ethernet Backhaul.

So if you temporarily disconnect the Ethernet cable of this satellite Deco, will the mobile clients revert to a WiFi connection on the Deco APP?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options