Randomly devices are not connecting to the internet when connecting through WiFi

Randomly devices are not connecting to the internet when connecting through WiFi

2 weeks ago - last edited Saturday
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 230809 Rel.6944n

Hi All

I have a problem with my Archer VR600 router which gives me little bit of a head ache, i hope someone can provide some advice.

So in the last few weeks I have the following problem, all device can connect to my WiFi, however it seems that randomly devices are not having inster connection.

They are connecting to my home WiFi, without issue but unable to get to the net.

I made no changes to the config of the router, there was no update. I also reset the router with a pin and recreated the whole config.

When i check the device Debug log I see no issue.

However it is annoying as it is happen randomly and sometimes does not even realise and the mobile devices are switching from WiFi to 4G.

Also my smart devices/lights are not working randomly.

In the wireless config the WiFi schedule is not active, but the Smart Connect function is enabled. The transmitting power is set to maximum.

I tried to adjust the IP lease time cut it to 720 min instead of the default, so the devices would get a new IP every 12 hours but it did not help.

I also incresed the size of the DHCP IP pool, but i have way less devices like available IPs.

The LAN side of the router works perfectly. I have a TP Link TL-WA850RE extender, which have its own indenpendent  WiFi NW and it works perfectly.

Beside this I also have a TP Link AC1900 WiFi extender which is extending the original WiFi NW created by the router.

As mentioned none of the settings were changed prior to the issue and the extenders were used/present since I have this router and until recently had no issue.

I hope someone can provide some further advice to check. TIA

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Randomly devices are not connecting to the internet when connecting through WiFi-Solution

@Sunshine Thanks for the response. I think I found the issue, RN I am monitoring.

I believe the issue was with my AC1900 extender. It is configured to extend the range of my main WiFi. However I just realized as it seemed it was not connecting either to the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz NW of the router.

So the devices which were connected to the router had access to the main WiFi and the net. While the ones were connecting to AC1900 extended network did connect to the main WiFi (extender). As the extender did not connect to the router, it did not have connection to the net.

It was hard to figure out as when i check the router i don't see the different which devices is connecting directly to the router or which one to the extender.

I completed a full reset on the extender and updated the firmware to the latest and reconfigured. Finger crossed

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Randomly devices are not connecting to the internet when connecting through WiFi
2 weeks ago

@MrWeaver 

Hi,

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in case 3

What should I do if Internet connection on my TP-Link DSL modem is unstable?

If it still cannot help, please contact the local team with the results.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Randomly devices are not connecting to the internet when connecting through WiFi-Solution

@Sunshine Thanks for the response. I think I found the issue, RN I am monitoring.

I believe the issue was with my AC1900 extender. It is configured to extend the range of my main WiFi. However I just realized as it seemed it was not connecting either to the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz NW of the router.

So the devices which were connected to the router had access to the main WiFi and the net. While the ones were connecting to AC1900 extended network did connect to the main WiFi (extender). As the extender did not connect to the router, it did not have connection to the net.

It was hard to figure out as when i check the router i don't see the different which devices is connecting directly to the router or which one to the extender.

I completed a full reset on the extender and updated the firmware to the latest and reconfigured. Finger crossed

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 87

Replies: 2

Related Articles