Devices on WIFI cannot see devices on Wired LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-05 06:39:15
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8980

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Out of box

ISP : PlusNet

Recently bought a TD-W8980 and whilst all appears ok, tehre's one glaring issue which is making it pretty much useless, any device on wifi cann't see or communicate with the wired lan devices. both wifi and lan can browse the internet fine, and port forwarding works nicely for ssh and rdc protocols but internally it's just not playing ball and I cannot see any option that could possibly have an effect.

Has anyone else had this and is there a known fix?
Options
9 Reply
Re:Devices on WIFI cannot see devices on Wired LAN
2014-06-06 01:30:51
Do you have this checked ? If so uncheck it and try

Options
2014-06-06 02:07:37
HI, thanks for the reply..

Client Isolation is unchecked so not that.

Anything else to check?
Options
2014-06-07 20:16:08
Some firewall application on computers can block network communication. Can you ping other computers?
Options
2014-06-07 20:34:48
It's definately the router at fault, if I reconnect my old BT home hub everything is fine...

One of the wifi devices is my iPhone and one of the wired devices is a SkyHD pvr so firewall software doesn't apply.
Options
2014-06-07 20:53:23
I have W8970 and I can't see any troubles in network communication. Wired and wireless interface must working in bridge. Please report this trouble here - http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit - maybe this is some problem in firmware with apple OS. I can't check it because I don't have this model.
Options
2014-06-29 13:29:00
I have the exact same problem, and I don't know what to do. All i know is, if you disable the firewall, then the wireless machines are able to communicate once again with ethernet plugged in machines. It would seem like the router is treating devices on the wireless differently. However, disabling the firewall isn't a solution and we are back to square one.
Options
2014-08-28 06:27:30
Just to update the thread, I did in the end resolve this by redoing the initial setup, why it made a difference I don't know as I used all the same settings..

However the wireless range is utter carp and some of the speeds I'm getting are quite simply disgusting..

The USB storage/printing services are great but those aside this really is the biggest waste of £60 I could ever have done..
Options
Update Firewall to fix
2018-01-22 20:20:08
Old thread but I finally found a fix.

Enable the firewall, set specific rules to deny any traffic you don't want then change the default filtering rules to allow any traffic not caught by the defined rules.

Options
Update Firewall to fix
2020-08-12 16:55:28 - last edited 2020-08-12 16:56:45

@danip  Hi. Just seen your post. I have exactly the same issue with a W9970 router. Wifi connected clients (connected to router wifi) cannot see/access clients on the ethernet network (I use TP Link powerline adaptors). Looks like the firewall is different on this router and I need to add specific LAN/WAN host?  I'm not familiar with firewalls I'm afraid. Can you help?

my original post https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/201708?replyId=459972

Options