Deco APP Release Note

Deco APP Release Note

264 Reply
Re:Deco APP 3.0
2022-09-26 06:40:19

@David-TP goodmorning, i did send you again logs, not sure if i need to select one of multiple managed networks or you receive the whole logs

Options
2022-09-26 16:53:07 - last edited 2022-09-27 04:03:19

@akapal hello again 

another bug while adding a new manager, after you enter your email there is no add button, it only works when you press enter on the phone keyboard 

Options
2022-09-27 01:58:48

@akapal

Hi, I also tested this feature on my side, and honestly, It truly needs further improvement. It took a while to figure out how to delete the account I just added.

The design of Managers on the 2.0 APP gives a good example and I will report it to the engineers for further improvement.

By the way, your personal email could be seen on the posted picture and you might consider covering it as well or deleting the picture.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-27 04:26:59

@David-TP good morning 

ive hide the. email thank you 

look at the pictures the options of the top part of the first page are inconsistent between deco models, also the guest network jumps places, like when i go to wifi settings there is no option to set the settings for guest network wifi which dosnt make sense, also i think the qos should go to advanced section, not the first page, its also not clearly named qos, my point of view is that first page should be an overview of things and then the other pages to be settings. 

Options
2022-09-27 21:24:39 - last edited 2022-09-27 21:26:03

Hi @akapal,

I think most of the differences you are seeing between the banner/poster options are due to the Software used on different Deco devices namely HomeShield or HomeCare with both using a different supplier backing the software features,

- HomeSheild features on the newer Deco and is in conjuction with Avira anti virus... this does not offer a speedtest ran at router level and has alot less features in terms of parental controls and QoS 

- HomeCare features on most of the original Deco devices like the M5 or M9 and the equivalent 'E' range.. this is backed by Trend Micro and includes features like the router level speed test and QoS for difference usage types.

I do agree that the guest wi-fi settings should appear in the "Wi-Fi Settings".

The banners do look great but I think they could have better more consistent functionality appllied to them.

Options
2022-09-28 09:59:42

@David-TP 

This new Deco App looks great.

Any estimated date to launch official the new version?

Cheers

Options
2022-09-30 06:48:19 - last edited 2022-09-30 06:50:31

@David-TP it's crazy that I find this thread after a fortnight of trying several different home network technologies...

I live in an old house with loads of solid internal walls, basically rendering WiFi useless, my solution was to use a set of 3 P9 paired with a couple of M5 units. The whole system has been working well until a few weeks ago when the system started sporadically "red lighting", only recovering when a node is power cycled.

I tried Linksys Velop, Ubiquity Amplify HD, and ASUS Zenmax Hybrid. None of these systems could match the performance of the P9. I ended up replacing the M5 units with more P9 units... the power line backhaul is my saving grace... I still get red lights sporadically though. Grrr!

All of the other manufacturer had far better application feature sets, some of which I can attribute to different hardware features, some which is software, so I'd be keen to see whether there are plans to add to the Deco app feature set? 

Ideally I'd like to be able to:

- see logs of what's caused a "red light" event.

- see the min/max transfer rate between mesh nodes (to help diagnose device placement issues)

- more device information when I tap into a network device (the ip and MAC address isn't enough, I saw other apps that would tell me the device manufacturer, set the device icon to a picture of the device, etc)

- better options for network optimisation (WiFi channel settings and the like) OR a more consistent rollout of the Optimise Network functionality that the M5 has but the P9 doesn't (I guess this might be a device firmware issue)

Options
2022-09-30 11:15:19

@Jarvichi 

hello, another bug, with deco M4 i put manually DNS then save, it. keeps the manual selection but it reverts back to the gateway, i try to put 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 but nothing, 

also another bug a lot of installations dosnt respect the already selected choice of not sending notifications made in the older app revert back to ON now. 

Options
2022-10-01 13:24:37

@David-TP I tried removing the old Deco and installing the new one. Everything went smoothly until I logged in, at which point the screen turned blank. I tried erasing my data and trying again. Before I logged in, everything was working properly, there's loading screen and agreements until I try click log in and the screen turn blank. My phone is powered by Android 6.0.1

Options
2022-10-03 04:00:43

@David-TP 

hi David,

testflight is still offering 3.0.38 to me.

Options

Tags

Related Articles