Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

45 Reply
Re:Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations
2024-08-15 03:55:05 - last edited 2024-08-15 03:56:29

@Eddy3926 

Woozle is right, especially the first point. If you are unable to successfully upgrade the firmware, I suspect your C80 hardware may not be the V2.20 or V2.26 version.

I would recommend checking the label on your router to confirm the specific model version.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations
2024-08-15 04:02:25 - last edited 2024-08-15 04:04:43

Gornfold wrote

@Эммануэль29 Hello Is there a firmware update planned for archer c80 v1? I'm interested in the VPN function

@Gornfold Sorry. Our developers only provided the pre-release version for Archer C80 V2.20/V2.26 at the moment.

We will publish here in the community if there is beta or pre-release software for Archer C80 V1. Please check our official releases regularly:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/32?labelIds=14942,17174,14940

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-15 06:28:48

@woozle You are absolutely correct thank you. Just checked (should have done earlier I know!) and I do have a version 1.0 model. Sorry to waste your time. I dont suppose there is any chance someone will update this earlier firmware so it looks like Im in the market for a replacement!

Options
2024-08-15 07:43:41
Options
2024-08-15 14:44:01

@Kevin_Z 

Hi.

Thank you very much for your reply.

The thing is that, by changing this value from 2 seconds to 20 seconds, it is not possible to see if a device is or is not consuming bandwidth.
This affects me specifically because it is not possible to accurately measure the use of a device.
Here is the example: the data consumed will be greater for 20 seconds than the data consumed in 2 seconds. Since it is not in real time as in the previous firmware, it is not possible to know if the device is continuously consuming bandwidth or if it downloaded and finished.

Another issue related to the new firmware 1.14.0 version and that could be a bug is that when you limit the speed of a device in the download data, when setting it to limit to 40 Mbps on the device it is limited to 20 Mbps.
With the previous firmware 1.13.2 Build 230824 when assigning a limitation of 40 Mbps, the device was correctly limited to 40 Mbps.
So with the latest firmware the bandwidth is limited incorrectly.

Do you know if it will be possible to fix these errors in a new firmware to return to the previous state?

Regards.

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z   @Kevin_Z can you tell us what are the things which are missing in this pre release as I also want to get a tp link and I am fond of tp link products like this one.  

Options
a week ago

@ashir55 

Sorry. What do you mean by what are missing in this pre-release firmware?

In this pre-release announcement, we mainly listed the new features added via the firmware update. Some features that are already supported were not included in this thread.

What features or functions do you require? You may check the product specifications and firmware release notes for more details.

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hi.
I have sent you messages previously in this forum.
I am asking if there is any news that a new firmware version can solve the problems that were introduced in this new Firmware Version: 1.14.0 Build 240617 Rel.39521n(5553) Hardware Version: Archer C80 2.20?
Because my C80 router after this last update started working badly and is no longer the same router.
Its performance has degraded in many aspects.
Regads.

Options
a week ago

@Emmanuel29 asking the same i got rma replaced device for hw version 2.20, should i upgrade or stay at the build version?

Options
a week ago

Emmanuel29 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi.
I have sent you messages previously in this forum.
I am asking if there is any news that a new firmware version can solve the problems that were introduced in this new Firmware Version: 1.14.0 Build 240617 Rel.39521n(5553) Hardware Version: Archer C80 2.20?
Because my C80 router after this last update started working badly and is no longer the same router.
Its performance has degraded in many aspects.
Regads.

@Emmanuel29 

I'm sorry, but I haven't received any confirmation that this will be changed back.

BTW, I personally believe that the Real-time Rate update interval won't impact the router's performance. If you are experiencing any issues, please share as many details as possible, and we will investigate.

Options