MR.SLV5Online
Following: 6Followers: 17
Forums/ Routers
Saturday
Re:DNS requests are not working
@ITV I'm pretty sure you've run into the same problem I had. if I had to guess, you have an ER605 as the main router and a switch to which all the other ER605 are connected, I have not tested what...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Routers
Saturday
@ITV this is becoming more and more of a mystery, can you describe how you wired up your workbench? If I have understood you correctly, there is still no problem with the ER707, only the ER605?
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Routers
Saturday
@ITV have you physically disconnected all routers from the network except 1, have you restarted the router? if there were problems with dns as you describe, the forum would be filled with messages...
1HELPFULS
Forums/ Routers
Saturday
@ITV I also don't think it's just dns that's the problem, so the title is a bit wrong :-.) , but it's not so easy to define the problem sometimes. I don't think you can ping anything on ip either....
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Routers
Saturday
@ITV You can try with some vlan / acl. I have not tried this. I had two routers connected to a WAN switch at the time I was doing this. but found that it was not possible.
1HELPFULS
Forums/ Routers
Saturday
@ITV My experience with this is that this only applies if the routers are connected to a switch on the WAN side, it happens regardless of whether the router is in control or stand alone, it happens...
1HELPFULS