Using TP Link Light Switch as IFTTT trigger

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-01 02:00:35 - last edited 2019-02-01 02:05:23

Apologies if this is a newbie question, but is there a way to use a TP Link switch as an input (the trigger for an action)?  I'd like a setup where if you turn on the smart light switch in the bedroom, it turns on an additional light which is unfortunately not part of the same circuit

please send this message to the support team so they can add IFTTT  trigger

Thanks!

Options
8 Reply
Re:Using TP Link Light Switch as IFTTT trigger
2019-02-01 05:27:26
Not sure about IFTTT but if you buy a smart home router like the SR20 or Deco M9 you can do this. Ryan
Options
2019-02-07 14:47:58

i have not been able to set the light switch as a trigger only an action

Options
2019-02-07 19:11:33

I and some other friends have been discussing this for a few weeks now. I have this switch, another friend has a WeMo switch. Neither of us can get our switches to act as triggers in IFTTT or Stringify.

When I hit the physical switch, it obviously sends a signal when it turns the light on or off, because my kasa app almost immediately updates the change of status of the light. Why is this feature not available to us to use?

I want my switch to do more than just change the state of my light. I want it to notify me when it is tapped. I want it to be a trigger event for IFTTT and Stringify, not just an action to take.

Please, TP-Link, make this happen!

Options
Re:Re:Using TP Link Light Switch as IFTTT trigger
2019-02-08 03:50:13
yes you are right you can turn on other smart devices in the room for example if the light turn on then turn on the tv AC tv box plug ....... this future is available in wemo switch and if you press and hold for 2 second it trigger ifttt or if it just turned on .....
Options
2019-02-22 06:51:11

Hello, the kasa smart devices can work as the action regarding to IFTTT.  However, we will feed back to our R&D department and then they will work on it.

While you can check whether scene can satisfy your needs. Below is the instruction: 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2327.html

May it help. 

Options
2019-03-30 03:50:37

Lots of interest in using the switch as an IFTTT or Stringify trigger as well, so much potential!

Options
Re:Re:Using TP Link Light Switch as IFTTT trigger
2019-04-01 01:26:17

Rob_V wrote

Lots of interest in using the switch as an IFTTT or Stringify trigger as well, so much potential!

Yep, I agreed. 

Options
2019-12-22 06:48:18

@Kevin_Z it has been 10 months... just wondering if the r&d department came up with anything. The Kasa automation/scene capability is very basic when compared to smart life or ifttt integrations. Really need to have switch triggers in ifttt.

Kevin_Z wrote

Hello, the kasa smart devices can work as the action regarding to IFTTT.  However, we will feed back to our R&D department and then they will work on it.

While you can check whether scene can satisfy your needs. Below is the instruction: 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2327.html

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2137

Replies: 8